Media and punditry

BOF

On 02/12/2015, 19:41:02, dudevillaisnice said:

So no more Gary Neville on Sky. Big loss. I think Danny Higginbotham would be good on MNF, always been impressed with him talks a lot of sense and can see him working with Carragher well. Chances are they will just use Henry.

Interesting shout.

He's very good I think.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

.... but he has a nice accent and sense of arrogance and conviction with what he says so he gets away with it.

Worse than any pundit on TV today.

Agreed. He's a little obnoxious, winds me up. I hardly watch Sky because of him (and it just generally sucks).

for 4 million a year you would expect Henry to be able to tell you the quality of the corner flags. He is poor enough though he is a big name which will draw in casual fans

I imagine Beckham could probably get about 10 million a year if he ever went into punditry

"Remember when Kevin Keegan ruined Newcastle's title challenge by signing a Chilean football. Testenino?"

"You mean Asprilla?"

"Yeah, Testinino Asprilla. The Chilean."

"No, you mean Faustino Asprilla, The Columbian?"

"Ah, well same continent."

The wonders of TalkSport.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2015, 3:53:12, rodders0223 said:

.... but he has a nice accent and sense of arrogance and conviction with what he says so he gets away with it.

Worse than any pundit on TV today.

Totally agree, he says absolutely nothing of value. Only as a part of this outrageous product that is the premier league could you earn £4m a year for being shit at your job. These pundits are the sort of arrogant clearings in the woods who think all they have to do is turn up a couple of nights a week and do nothing to actually advance their understanding of the game. 

52 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

"Remember when Kevin Keegan ruined Newcastle's title challenge by signing a Chilean football. Testenino?"

"You mean Asprilla?"

Mike Parry is bonkers but brilliant at the same time.

I always loved the breakfast phone ins in the mornings growing up....jockeys having wing mirrors etc. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

"You mean Asprilla?"

I just heard 'give the fans a pie to encourage them to attend'. 

Did anyone see Football Focus on Saturday?

In case you hadn't fully realised the "magic of the cup", they actually went to the trouble of bringing in a magician to do card tricks.

Paul Daniels & Dynamo nailed on to do the third round draw tonight.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

and then a magician comes on in a villa shirt and its no longer magic its a return to the dark days...

that's taking some time for me to get over

I actually complained to the BBC about that (first time I've ever complained about TV) and got some meaningless stock response that didn't actually address my complaint.

Is Bellamy going to get the gig full time then?

Not a big name but anyone who hears him on the radio will agree that Stewart Robson would be a left field but quite a good choice to replace Neville as he's generally spot on with the tactical analysis, just don't let him do Arsenal games!

They said lampard is on next week so I don't think so. Hopefully they get somebody to replace Neville soon. Don't really like the format when they have guests on...constantly asking for their opinions. I want tactical knowledge :( 

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Bellamy going to get the gig full time then?

Not a big name but anyone who hears him on the radio will agree that Stewart Robson would be a left field but quite a good choice to replace Neville as he's generally spot on with the tactical analysis, just don't let him do Arsenal games!

He used to do Setanta games but all he ever did was say how Wenger should go :lol:

Â