Media and punditry

BOF

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Tony Gale just called Lukaku a revelation this season, he is a 30 million pound striker not some kid they plucked from the reserves 

Maybe revelation in that he didn't think he was capable of such good form.

I remember all the posts on here last season saying how rubbish he was compared to Benteke and how they couldn't believe Everton had paid 30m for him.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe revelation in that he didn't think he was capable of such good form.

I remember all the posts on here last season saying how rubbish he was compared to Benteke and how they couldn't believe Everton had paid 30m for him.

Yes me too but if you look at every season he has played since his time at West Brom he has managed 16 goals or more. I used to think Benteke was the more complete player but Lukaku is a better player now than Benteke.

• 3 weeks later...

So according to moyes and lineker on motd, clothes lining someone isn't a penalty, your just using your flailing elbow to get leverage to win the ball.

Edited by Jimzk5

Was at the game so missed their commentary but the talksport phone in on the way home was laughably bad

It sounded like they'd had a pop at us fans for clapping off a draw when we need wins, they (Alvin Martin and I think Sam matterface) then spouted off some of the most ignorant bullshit I've ever heard pundits talk about villa, they blatantly don't watch us more than 2/3 times a season for the last couple of years

Gestede not starting a game under garde but showing that he's our best striking option stood out for me

17 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

So according to moyes and lineker on motd, clothes lining someone isn't a penalty, your just using your flailing elbow to get leverage to win the ball.

sure it was worse than Westwood vs Wycombe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

sure it was worse than Westwood vs Wycombe

Huth did two. One wasn't as bad but I thought the same thing when he did it "that was worse than Westwood vs Wycombe"

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The end of the Football Ramble this week was hilarious. I'd love to know who they're talking about!

I don't and never had listened to it but a guy at work was, I heard him laughing and he said he was listening to that. He said they say a lot about how Sherwood is a total charlatan and just had a few media mates 

37 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I don't and never had listened to it but a guy at work was, I heard him laughing and he said he was listening to that. He said they say a lot about how Sherwood is a total charlatan and just had a few media mates 

They really hate Sherwood.

It's well worth a listen. Doesn't always hit the spot, I find two of the guys a but hit and miss.

But when it's good, it's hilarious.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They really hate Sherwood.

It's well worth a listen. Doesn't always hit the spot, I find two of the guys a but hit and miss.

But when it's good, it's hilarious.

Which two? 

What Pete knows about football I could fit on a postage stamp. But I have grown to love him despite it, my kind of silly surrealist humour.

I mean who doesn't love yogurt?

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which two? 

What Pete knows about football I could fit on a postage stamp. But I have grown to love him despite it, my kind of silly surrealist humour.

I mean who doesn't love yogurt?

Pete and Jim.

Pete is hilarious at times but sometimes I think he tries way too hard and completely misses the spot. He needs to be there though.

Jim, on the other hand, is pointless. I genuinely think he could disappear from it forever and it wouldn't suffer in the slightest.

The other two are always good value. Luke can get on his high horse a bit too much but he's consistently funny, and is probably the most knowledgeable of the four.

• Like 2

Â