Media and punditry

BOF

Which two? 

What Pete knows about football I could fit on a postage stamp. But I have grown to love him despite it, my kind of silly surrealist humour.

I mean who doesn't love yogurt?

Pete and Jim.

Pete is hilarious at times but sometimes I think he tries way too hard and completely misses the spot. He needs to be there though.

Jim, on the other hand, is pointless. I genuinely think he could disappear from it forever and it wouldn't suffer in the slightest.

The other two are always good value. Luke can get on his high horse a bit too much but he's consistently funny, and is probably the most knowledgeable of the four.

Yeah, Jim is basically fluff. He barely knows about Arsenal never mind the rest of world football.

Luke gets on my **** tits at times, but he clearly lives and breaths football. I respect that and he is, to be fair to him, very rarely wrong. His powers of prediction are immense because he "gets it". He's not sentimental about it either, which I appreciate. I suppose it's hard to be when you're a Pompey fan.

On 19/01/2016 at 08:48, Stevo985 said:

The end of the Football Ramble this week was hilarious. I'd love to know who they're talking about!

My guess would be Usmanov. /libel

Just now, ml1dch said:

Always nails the opening question though.

Yeah, I get the feeling he's the only one who puts the effort in on that segment. Pete quite obviously thinks of his while the other two are answering!

"Two Gunnars"

What is it with the selfl righteousness of lower or non league clubs demanding that they should be on the telly in cup games?  TV companies try to select the games which get the highest ratings. I would guess Bristol City V Albion would have more than Bolton v Eastleigh. No one wants to see a third full stadium. Its on a purely commerical decision which these clubs should accept.  Ironically this is the same decision making process as the said small clubs themselves as they now see the FA Cup as a means to earn more revenue rather than any supposed 'glory' in the games themselves.Bah.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Here's something I've noticed recently.

Every time goalline technology is used now, they show the replay, that obviously backs up the decision and the commentator exclaims "yes! That's a good decision!"

Of course it is. The decision is LITERALLY based on what you've just seen. It is impossible for it to make a decision and then to show you a replay that contradicts that decision.

I feel like there's still this train of thought in football that goalline technology is some sort of thrown together system, as opposed to a proper, tested, proven system. That works.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

What is it with the selfl righteousness of lower or non league clubs demanding that they should be on the telly in cup games?  TV companies try to select the games which get the highest ratings. I would guess Bristol City V Albion would have more than Bolton v Eastleigh. No one wants to see a third full stadium. Its on a purely commerical decision which these clubs should accept.  Ironically this is the same decision making process as the said small clubs themselves as they now see the FA Cup as a means to earn more revenue rather than any supposed 'glory' in the games themselves.Bah.

well watching lower league teams would be better than watching Liverpool every game

• Like 2

Â