Media and punditry

BOF

3 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Paul Mersons' views on Martinez and Stones are spot on although I can't believe it's taken the media this long to realise Martinez is poor.

It was a great rant and he got everything spot on. His Men in Black reference was genius

I like merse. More because of his men in black type references than his actual football/tactic knowledge. And think he works well on GSS 

But if there's a quote which sums him up it was from that rant bashing martimez-everton. 'why aren't Everton above Leicester? Hardly any players would get into that Everton team'...  Err..what.

Edited by gharperr

8 minutes ago, gharperr said:

I like merse. More because of his men in black type references than his actual football/tactic knowledge. And think he works well on GSS 

But if there's a quote which sums him up it was from that rant bashing martimez-everton. 'why aren't Everton above Leicester? Hardly any players would get into that Everton team'...  Err..what.

he is right though. Lukaku, Coleman, Baines, Barkley, Barry, Deleofeu, Cleverley are all better than their Leicester equivalent and by a distance as well plus others like McCarthy, Mirallas, Lennon and Besic wouldnt be far behind them 

• Like 1

Yeh martinez. Why aren't you top of the league? How dare you. You got better players so why aren't you over achieving to redic heights.

May Aswell sack every manager who's in top10. They're all not first with a better squad.

Edited by gharperr

6 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Yeh martinez. Why aren't you top of the league? How dare you. You got better players so why aren't you over achieving to redic heights.

he has won 6 games in 23 this season. 14 of the last 50 games. fact media dont criticize him is shocking

if he was called Bob Martin he be managing in League 1

• Like 4

Everton should be where Palace and West Ham are, even Liverpool with their change of manager and transition.

That was the level they were more or less under Moyes each season and the best strikers he had were Yakubu and Saha, Lukaku obviously has a higher ceiling than those two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

he has won 6 games in 23 this season. 14 of the last 50 games. fact media dont criticize him is shocking

if he was called Bob Martin he be managing in League 1

Yeh I agree about he needs to be criticised but at least do it properly without making silly statements like merse did.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Stones is obscenely overrated because he's English and Martinez is an absolute fraud of a manager.

Stones is very good on the ball, this is rare for English centre halves, this skill blinds people to his more fundamental flaws, very overrated player, Everton are stupid for not cashing in last summer's window. 

Martinez, well, he's shite, all of his teams are a shambles at the back and he fails time after time to sign a good centre half. I mean he spent nearly £10m on a total clown like Funes Mori FFS.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Adrian Durham on talkshite this afternoon, starts the show by asking who should start for England in the euros, and stated that vardy should start ahead of Rooney no matter what

10 minutes later he was saying vardy should only play if we are going to play kick and rush, because vardy can only play 1 way

he was essentially arguing with himself.

id love to know how much this tit gets paid for this cushy job.

Edited by Jimzk5

1 hour ago, coda said:

Why do we so often get former small heath players commentating on our games? If it's not Trevor Francis on the 15:00 games it's Savage on BT. words removed!

Whilst I'm no fan of savage, I thought he was a very fair commentator on Tuesday 

• Like 1

Adrian Durham on talkshite this afternoon, starts the show by asking who should start for England in the euros, and stated that vardy should start ahead of Rooney no matter what

10 minutes later he was saying vardy should only play if we are going to play kick and rush, because vardy can only play 1 way

he was essentially arguing with himself.

id love to know how much this tit gets paid for this cushy job.

I guarantee it was because too many people were agreeing with him at first so he changed his mind to wind people up.

4th February 2016

talksport start the england can win it bullshit campaign, featuring arry redknapp claiming spain and germany are nothing special, durham claiming half the england squad are world class and some other muppet claiming alli and barkley are the best 2 youngsters in world football

we do it to ourselves

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

4th February 2016

talksport start the england can win it bullshit campaign, featuring arry redknapp claiming spain and germany are nothing special, durham claiming half the england squad are world class and some other muppet claiming alli and barkley are the best 2 youngsters in world football

we do it to ourselves

'we' deserve the inevitable failure. TBH I haven't given a shit about the national team since France 98.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

4th February 2016

we do it to ourselves

To be fair I think the hype around the England team is very low these days.

Back in the 90's and early 2000's a lot of english fans believed we could genuinely win any tournament we went into.

I don't think the majority of fans and media think that anymore. There will still be the odd idiots like Talksport who spout it. But I don't thin kyou'll find many fans genuinely believing we can win the Euros.

• Like 1

2002 was the last one for me (on a personal level, i was 18, on exam leave, my mom was on holiday) if we'd have beat brazil i think we'd have won it (and IMHO we should have)

the problem with the building up of us beforehand is the lack of questions that will be asked after, not so much of woy who will be slaughtered, but if barkley is this and that what will be said if he has a quiet tournament? vardy is playing out of his skin, what will be said if his work rate drops dramatically when he's in an england shirt?

it'll be back to winter breaks and foreigners as the boys club protect their own

Â