Media and punditry

BOF

think our team is worst based on the application of the squad though, Derby had players like Stephen Bywater, Craig Fagan, Kenny Miller and Darren Moore playing most games players that arent good enough or way over the hill at this stage but even they didnt put in embarrassing performances every week through lack of effort even when getting hammered

I agree, I think there are a lot of tags to apply to our team, disgraceful, embarrassing, laziest, unprofessionalist ( ;) )

I don't think the word "worst" can apply to us over that Derby team though

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

that derby team would of probably beat our heap of shit.

Now it would. In December it probably wouldn't have, and that's why the only way to really measure 'worst' is points. It's the only word I'd defend this team against because everything else you could throw at them is true.

• Like 2

i think we are. awful to watch,no fight,no passion,no effort. we are absolutely terrible and this team is in my eyes the most disgraceful team to ever play in the prem. in the whole scheme of things we are worse than derby but eh its all about opinions.

If only there was some objective way to assess which team was worse :-P Outside of opinions like.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

If only there was some objective way to assess which team was worse :-P Outside of opinions like.

maybe a one-off game should be organised. i still fancy that Derby team to take us now :(

I would've disputed the worst ever prem team jibe right up to Liverpool 6-0. Since that game we've looked every inch one of the worst teams to ever play in the league, we compete at 0-0 and then just give up when we go 1-0 down, very similar to Derby who got thrashed on an annual basis that season.

We're certainly top 5 of worst teams, don't think that's up for dispute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

think our team is worst based on the application of the squad though, Derby had players like Stephen Bywater, Craig Fagan, Kenny Miller and Darren Moore playing most games players that arent good enough or way over the hill at this stage but even they didnt put in embarrassing performances every week through lack of effort even when getting hammered

I doubt Savage meant it in that way though. He's desperate for a team to be worse than his own Derby team.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i think we are. awful to watch,no fight,no passion,no effort. we are absolutely terrible and this team is in my eyes the most disgraceful team to ever play in the prem. in the whole scheme of things we are worse than derby but eh its all about opinions.

Thing is we're not really. Certainly one of the worst though without a doubt.

On 4/5/2016 at 19:04, Rugeley Villa said:

that derby team would of probably beat our heap of shit.

8 years ago this weekend we went to Pride Park and won 6-0, Petrov's goal from the halfway line and it was generally a demolition. Sad our team is now in that standard of teams.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

8 years ago this weekend we went to Pride Park and won 6-0, Petrov's goal from the halfway line and it was generally a demolition. Sad our team is now in that standard of teams.

even Harewood scored :lol:

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Harewood would be by far our best player if he was in the current squad. 

I'd be our best player in our current squad and I'm an overweight builder

• Like 2

"I think I'm watching possibly the worst team that ever played in the Premier League"

Surprisingly, that was about Newcastle not us.

My god the BBC love to degrade is. I saw in the match feed yesterday that they mentioned people waving white flags and how it was embarrassing. During the Motd commentary they show one person waving a flag.. Hardly a large amount of us doing it!

Then you have the likes of Keown saying its a toxic atmosphere and doesn't help te players. How about the players giving us something to cheer. Only Jonathan Pearce had sympathy for the fans.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

My god the BBC love to degrade is. I saw in the match feed yesterday that they mentioned people waving white flags and how it was embarrassing. During the Motd commentary they show one person waving a flag.. Hardly a large amount of us doing it!

Then you have the likes of Keown saying its a toxic atmosphere and doesn't help te players. How about the players giving us something to cheer. Only Jonathan Pearce had sympathy for the fans.

Keown still hasn't got over getting relegated with us nearly 30 years ago. He managed to give us a little dig while commentating for the Everton - Chelsea cup tie. Any opportunity, he will jump on it.

The "toxic" and "hard place to play for the home team" view he and others have irritates as well. We have one of the worst home records over the last however many years, but somehow it's the fans' fault.

They seem to think we're harder to please but they never say similar remarks about things like Man Utd fans flying planes over the ground or trying to tear down the moyes "chosen one" banner, slagging off LVG; Chelsea fans booing their own players, hounding out Rafa; Newcastle fans kicking off to get Pardew out; Arsenal fans seemingly forever wanting Wenger gone; Liverpool fans turning on Hodgson; West Ham booing Allardyce after a win etc.

I can't wait for Channel 5.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 4

Â