Media and punditry

BOF

On 14/02/2024 at 19:40, foreveryoung said:

I listen to it nearly everyday mate, or just have it on in the back ground. Andy, (Robbie Williams and david Beckham are my best pals) Goldstein, just debates rubbish. Later today it was is Saka world class and is he better than Foden?? World class, well that's a joke, not being biased, but I'd rather have Watkin's in my team.

he still thinks Emery would leave Villa for Man U in a heartbeat. They have gotta change him one day surely, you can even sense Darren Beat don't really like working with him.

As would any one of our players if approached

Last night we had that Scott woman and Hugh what ever is his name is (both Man U fans) going through the Man U squad saying which ones they would keep or sell with frequent to ‘us’ and  ‘we’ for half an hour

invigorating radio 🤮

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

As would any one of our players if approached

Last night we had that Scott woman and Hugh what ever is his name is (both Man U fans) going through the Man U squad saying which ones they would keep or sell with frequent to ‘us’ and  ‘we’ for half an hour

invigorating radio 🤮

Had some blooser last night, saying Villa are never going to get anywhere in the league cause we will loose most of our best players at the end of the season, Watkin's, Luiz to the bigger clubs. 

Told him he should go work for the media, he'd be great spouting that bullshit.

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

When their annual revenue went near 3x that of the team in 7th...

The ultimate expression of hyper-capitalism. A sports team's success is not measured in trophies won or sporting excellence, but instead on earnings and finance.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The ultimate expression of hyper-capitalism. A sports team's success is not measured in trophies won or sporting excellence, but instead on earnings and finance.

Don't diagree but at the same time I think that's the thing with spurs, because they don't have any success on the pitch the absolutely mental numbers they're pulling in don't make sense and people don't realise or respect just how big they've become 

• Like 1

One of the BBC commentators mentioned after their loss today that Tottenham are now out of the race for the title, as if they were even seriously in it before today. Bizarre how much title hype they've got compared to us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/02/2024 at 17:11, rodders0223 said:

Does this mean Spurs are the big 6.

When did this happen.

When they wanted to join the super league 🤣 so they have a nice big stadium and generate more money, but when did they last win anything? Oh that's right the Aldi Cup, that's what it is....

23 minutes ago, Mantis said:

One of the BBC commentators mentioned after their loss today that Tottenham are now out of the race for the title, as if they were even seriously in it before today. Bizarre how much title hype they've got compared to us.

I'm getting a bit bored of Big Ange's dulcet tones after games. 

We need to smash emm.

• Like 3

Peter Drury on Peacock was going on and on about how brave and courageous Chelsea were like they were a plucky underdog like Luton or something and not a team that has spent a billion pounds on players in the last two years... 

3 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Peter Drury on Peacock was going on and on about how brave and courageous Chelsea were like they were a plucky underdog like Luton or something and not a team that has spent a billion pounds on players in the last two years... 

Peter Drury is a clown. a wannabee Shakespearean actor that wasnt good enough so had to be a commentator

• Like 1

MOTD FFS.

1st Game Liverpool = 1st Place

2nd Game Arsenal = 2nd Place

3rd Game Man City = 3rd place

6th Game??? = Villa = 4th place FFS

They even showed the "Top 3" table - when have they EVER before showed only the top 3 teams.

Oh the summary of our game was about 91/2 second. Absolute tw@ts

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

MOTD FFS.

1st Game Liverpool = 1st Place

2nd Game Arsenal = 2nd Place

3rd Game Man City = 3rd place

6th Game??? = Villa = 4th place FFS

They even showed the "Top 3" table - when have they EVER before showed only the top 3 teams.

Oh the summary of our game was about 91/2 second. Absolute tw@ts

Got into a heated discussion at work in the canteen over MOTD bias with a Manure and 2 Liverpool "fans"

If I didn't like my job the manure and Liverpool fans would have gone through the tables.

Their answer was, "that's what the viewers want, they don't care about Villa or other teams. It's the big 6"

• Sad 1

Thought MOTD was fine other than putting the Chelsea/city game on early ish which was dull and had been on TNT only a few hours previously.

We’re going to have to be the late showing sometimes and to be fair to Danny Murphy, he focused on our injuries and said how well the back line did given that they had to be thrown together and was featuring two left footers. 

• Like 1

I thought the MOTD ‘analysis’ was piss poor! Murphy acknowledged our injuries at the back which is the bare minimum, no mention of who was out or how long for. The narrative was we scraped through and our performance wasn’t pretty, no discussion about the disallowed goals or penalty claim.

Just rubbish really, but then I need to remember MOTD isn’t for the likes of us on here that consume football at a deeper level. It’s for the casual observer who probably can’t name a full 11 of any team. 

• Like 1

Â