Media and punditry

BOF

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Absolutely and in the same week, they’ve all fawned over Henderson leaving Saudi with his tail between his legs and joining Ajax.

I only watch things like Talkshite on YT  being overseas and Henderson has been ridiculed on every channel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I only watch things like Talkshite on YT  being overseas and Henderson has been ridiculed on every channel

Pretty much every media outlet here is on their knees, cleaning his knob.

I got reported and had a 24 hour ban for commenting on a post where everyone was going "oh you deserve it Hendo" gobble gobble, blah blah.

I said he deserves nothing, sold his soul to a country that will give you 500 lashes and jail you for being gay, so all that hard work campaigning for gay rights undone for money. Money that he might not get. Some might call that Karma.

i Upset the apple cart, many abusive comments ranging from my kids are <sadly the word i put isn't alowed so that speaks volumes ( thought my profile was private, it is now....) to racism for what I said about what the Saudis do to you for been gay 🤣

just watching the Dirty Leeds game and they mention the pundits for tomorrows match, Leicester v Ipswich, are Neil Warnock and sprout face Troy fkin Deeney!!!

ffs, i mean, what on earth has he done to get himself in a position where he elevated to this sort of level.

Jeez, i won't be watching that.

10 minutes ago, imavillan said:

just watching the Dirty Leeds game and they mention the pundits for tomorrows match, Leicester v Ipswich, are Neil Warnock and sprout face Troy fkin Deeney!!!

ffs, i mean, what on earth has he done to get himself in a position where he elevated to this sort of level.

Ticking that box enn he!

There's was no doubt Dale Vince at Rover's thought he was gonna get more media coverage employing a black manager. He is well known for this, i.e, him choosing a female coach for a game, previous to that signing Duncan Ferguson, which everyone saw was never gonna work. He is either stupid or trying to be smart. Forest Rovers is his marketing tool, nothing else. He didn't seem to bothered that they may well be out the football league at the end of the season in a recent interview.

18 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Convicted and jailed for domestic violence, as well as being completely dim and never doing anything in the game of note.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kevin De Bruyne is a better footballer and didnt get any news for his comeback especially considering Toney is a complete piece of shit and was banned for gambling against his team among others

Not disagreeing he did wrong and was rightly punished and if there was Any question of match fixing it should have been a life time ban, but don't think thst was. Gambling is an addiction and sickness and can lead to suicide. Players like Merson and Hendrie have gone bankrupt because of it. 

I don't know him so can't comment on his character but people deserve a second chance in life

Just now, PaulC said:

Not disagreeing he did wrong and was rightly punished and if there was Any question of match fixing it should have been a life time ban, but don't think thst was. Gambling is an addiction and sickness and can lead to suicide. Players like Merson and Hendrie have gone bankrupt because of it. 

I don't know him so can't comment on his character but people deserve a second chance in life

Yet it is an addiction but Toney is not an addict like Merson. He has shown little remorse for what happened and in his interviews seems to think he was unfairly treated

To go with his other scummy activities like flashing a Z sign at Villa Park I would say he is just a narcissistic clearing in the woods

• Like 1

"The ball was removed from his presence." - Jon Champion

Things you'd never hear an American sports announcer say, example #1,056

😆 

On 21/01/2024 at 14:04, theboyangel said:

Convicted and jailed for domestic violence, as well as being completely dim and never doing anything in the game of note.

The least of his Sins

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

The agenda is Unreal . Ollie sitting there on 14 goals and 10 assists 

Edit- misread original tweet 

Edited by JPJCB

McCoist is slowly losing me as a fan. Again today, while most were saying (apart from |Brentford fans) Toney's goal was as good as cheating, McCoist says he found it quite funny and didn't think it was cheating at all.

Can't actually believe how much the media have made Toney out to be a hero, when he was charged for as good as fixing football matches, destroying the game, betting on himself.

18 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

The agenda is Unreal . Ollie sitting there on 14 goals and 10 assists 

Ollie has 11 goals and 8 assists

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If you include the Hibs game it's 14 and 10

So it is. I wonder why that's not included in other sources

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't actually believe how much the media have made Toney out to be a hero, when he was charged for as good as fixing football matches, destroying the game, betting on himself.

Yeah, I don't get it. And Brentford made him a captain too!

At what point in this story is he the good guy? He cost his team 8 months of wages and took away his goals. He did something which is illegal. 

Why is he praised at all? 

• Like 3

Â