Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

John Beck, the manager who offered the whole of the Orient dressing  - room to a straightner. 

Think you might be confusing him with John Sitton. 

And if you disagree with me you can bring your facking dinner

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Franz Beckenbaur, one of the greatest defenders to grace the game, has sadly passed away today. Those West German sides of the seventies were like the European equivalent of Brazil. 

Yes the greatest German player of all time imo.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Think you might be confusing him with John Sitton. 

And if you disagree with me you can bring your facking dinner

Every few years I realise I've forgot that see it again, and it's **** brilliant each time.

He didn't just sub someone at half time, he **** sacked them. Bloke lost the plot :D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Had the misfortune of listening to Andy Goldstein this afternoon just after the Beckenbauer news broke. 

He's a tit. 

I'd never heard of  Goldstein until a few days ago (on here), so I had a quick look for him on YT to see what people were going on about.

I turned off after less than 30 seconds and my overriding feeling was, why would ANYONE listen to him and especially a Villa fan.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He doesn't do soundbites so is known as a boring pundit

being a boring word removed also helps

fair play to him though for avoiding the obvious shoe horning in of a newcastle player, we all know what he is so he doesn't need to do it and hasn't which is something that cant be said for others 

Anyone who picks a team of the season so far, and doesn't include Kamara, needs a good slap to the head. His performance against Middlesbrough was a thing of beauty, the sliding tackle and the ability to come away with the ball, all in one movement, Sid Cowans would have been proud of that one. It was no coincidence that Luiz's performances seemed to be affected by the absence of BK, hence he also looked full of confidence when coming on Saturday. 

The fact he's still only 24 makes you think just how good he will be in his prime, you would be hard - pressed to find a similar defensive midfielder with a better footballing IQ.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'd never heard of  Goldstein until a few days ago (on here), so I had a quick look for him on YT to see what people were going on about.

I turned off after less than 30 seconds and my overriding feeling was, why would ANYONE listen to him and especially a Villa fan.

Listened to him again today on Talksport with Darren Bent. Goldstein being a Man U fan, trying to justify today that Fenandes is a fantastic player and one of the best no.10's in the world. Bent and even plenty of Man U fans were trying to put him right, but he wouldn't have it, just ended up arguing with Darren Bent. Terrible radio, wasn't even for clicks, he does actually believe it????

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Listened to him again today on Talksport with Darren Bent. Goldstein being a Man U fan, trying to justify today that Fenandes is a fantastic player and one of the best no.10's in the world. Bent and even plenty of Man U fans were trying to put him right, but he wouldn't have it, just ended up arguing with Darren Bent. Terrible radio, wasn't even for clicks, he does actually believe it????

All he does is big Manchester United up every day for the whole show virtually. It’s an absolute disgrace

• Like 1

TalkSPORT is a network entirely dedicated to winding people up and getting them to call in. It’s utter garbage - no idea why people listen.

BUT… if you do, you can’t be complaining about them being good at the very thing they’re meant to be good at :D 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Alisson is the best keeper in the world playing at a consistently high level. How he isn't in everyone's team of the season is mental

Because Vicario has been outperforming him in most metrics. Spurs’ xPts is **** mental, by the way :D 

(I don’t watch enough non-Villa games to really have a personal opinion). 

24 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Alisson is the best keeper in the world playing at a consistently high level. How he isn't in everyone's team of the season is mental

I would question if he is the best keeper in his country, he is most definitely not the best in his league, and he surely isn't the best in the world. 

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I would question if he is the best keeper in his country, he is most definitely not the best in his league, and he surely isn't the best in the world. 

He's levels above Ederson.

If Ederson was playing for West Ham, he'd be found out. He simply doesn't have to make many saves.

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's levels above Ederson.

If Ederson was playing for West Ham, he'd be found out. He simply doesn't have to make many saves.

Neither does Allison to be fair! 

Â