Media and punditry

BOF

Love this. Man City manager (or maybe he was still assistant to Joe Mercer at the time) and the Spurs captain going at it on national TV. While Jimmy Hill looks like a Bond villain

Everyone has been the Clough / Revie one, but this is just as good.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

Love this. Man City manager (or maybe he was still assistant to Joe Mercer at the time) and the Spurs captain going at it on national TV. While Jimmy Hill looks like a Bond villain

Everyone has been the Clough / Revie one, but this is just as good.

typical manchester city nothings changed

Why does the BBC live page have press conference updates from Luton, West Ham, Tottenham, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Liverpool,  Newcastle, Arsenal, and Fulham.... but nothing from ours? Do we not invite a rep from them to our conferences?

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One query, and I possibly misheard - did the commentator (Pearce?) say at 5-1 that this is the first league match Villa have scored 5 in since drawing 5-5 with Forest?

Or was it scoring that many in front of a crowd? 

Heard that too! Guess the 7-1 against pool didn't count or wipped away from bbc biased history 🤔 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lainux said:

How to make a 6-1 go under the radar, only the BBC London and Manchester bias can do it

MOTD haven’t even got the right Villa badge

33 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

TNT referred to our next match in the conf league on thursday twice. Both times stating it was away, even naming the stadium. 

We are at home.

Yes heard that.

The punditry today on the game was not only boring but shocking.

Cole & Crouch on pitchside. "Brighton Brighton Brighton..."

The two commentators - both didn't have a clue..  "Brighton Brighton Brighton" all **** game.

There was another stage during the game at about 5-1 when they both had a wankfest over how many goals per game De Zerbi averages since his time in charge of Brighton..  "and we've seen it here again today"

Hang on mate, the score shows Villa scoring 5, not Brighton?? Absolutely thick as pigshit the pair of them.

As for MoTD, Jonathan Pearce sounded like he couldn't even be arsed commentating on the game. I've never heard such a more dull highlight commentary.

Are we really hated that much!!????

Good!

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I put tge talksport drive show on the way home. Andy goldstein can't help but mention man united every 2 minutes

He has no knowledge of any team other than Man Utd. Not the best choice of host for a football phone in show.

2 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

He has no knowledge of any team other than Man Utd. Not the best choice of host for a football phone in show.

I have stopped listening to drive on the way home, not because he constantly talks about United be the fact he just so f**king annoying.

Really don't care if MOTD put us to last game. I like it we do our business under the radar.

On topic with media etc, why is it we always get uninformed opinions from pundits. Yesterday was a great example, from the lack of research from Stuart Pearce to Joe Cole praising the way we are now becos of the "good" work being done by the last guy. 

Happy if media remains silence about how we are how we structured ourselves on and off the pitch. But please stop talking shits about us. 

• Like 1

Â