Media and punditry

BOF

When Traore came on, commentator mentioned how Traore said the last couple seasons have been like hell what with the injuries and his creativity being restricted by Gerrard. McManaman responded saying those were just excuses. Of course.

11 hours ago, a-k said:

When Traore came on, commentator mentioned how Traore said the last couple seasons have been like hell what with the injuries and his creativity being restricted by Gerrard. McManaman responded saying those were just excuses. Of course.

Heard that also, I spat my cider out 🤦‍♂️ can't have a bad word said about his pal, can't stand the bloke or his commentary, absolutely clueless it's wrong we have to listen that shite 😡

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I'm glad I listen to something else while games are on as commentary gets on my nerves.

mcmanaman 2 games out of 3...id seriously rather listen to the game in a foreign language, proper miserable moaning word removed

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

mcmanaman 2 games out of 3...id seriously rather listen to the game in a foreign language, proper miserable moaning word removed

He's so dull!

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He already does speak in a foreign language

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Really? Biggest of decade??? 🙄🥱🙄🥱

E878B243-B1F3-484E-954C-E2DBECFD908B.jpeg

not sure but if that is the biggest game of the decade, two title challengers playing each other with 5/7 games left then its more a damning indictment of the competitiveness of the PL

2018/19 was a better title race but man city played liverpool in january so there was less on that game itself

by my very quick skim over i think 3/10 PLs have gone down to the final game of the season, if i was to then look at whether or not the 2 teams neck and neck had played each other after matchday 30 i would guess that the odds are very low, so yeah maybe it is a big game just for the fact that it rarely happens

• Like 1

Absolutely furious, they were just talking on the breakfast show on talkSPORT about teams who will improve next year and  will be challenging for honours. When Gabby suggested Aston Villa , they all laughed out loud.🤬🤬

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Absolutely furious, they were just talking on the breakfast show on talkSPORT about teams who will improve next year and  will be challenging for honours. When Gabby suggested Aston Villa , they all laughed out loud.🤬🤬

That's because Talksport pundits have the IQ of a virgin's spunk-filled sock.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I don't know why the BBC have such a hard on for the 'Big 6'. Totally get why sky would, and it's a sky created thing. But the BBC?

two reasons;

1. Their performances are based on clicks.

2. It's the BBC - cutting edge, knowledgeable journalists prefer to write in independent media outlets/YouTube format without the restrictions of the political background associated with a state funded organisation.  

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

52 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That's because Talksport pundits have the IQ of a virgin's spunk-filled sock.

Talksport's whole model is also designed to annoy people and wind up fans so that they phone in.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a prearranged segment designed to annoy Villa fans because we're doing well.

On 25/04/2023 at 21:45, a-k said:

I commented on this in the match thread. 

Excuses.... ha.

So he was injured for a while.  Fact.

The whole team was shit under Gerrard,  so Traore being poor or otherwise  (as clearly demonstrated by the improvement in the rest of the squad post Gerrard), is very much justifiably put at Gerrard's door.

Not to mention he then sent him off on loan to Turkey.

But if course, it was not injury or Gerrard's fault. They're just excuses.

McManaman, what's your excuse for being a shit commentator? "Villa need to move the ball quicker" "they need to play long".

My favourite highlight from his clueless punditry, at the point of a free kick in their half he says "Please don't pass it back".  We proceed to play it long and it goes straight out for a goalkick. He then say "should have passed it back". Absolute clown.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Although despite him being an absolute weapon I did like Piers Morgan winding Alan Brazil up about how 'Nobody cares about who finished 2nd'

Â