Media and punditry

BOF

This won't be popular but I don't mind Michael Owen he might not be the most insightful but that doesn't really bother me I just like to watch the game and make up my own mind I kind of like that his voice is boring it makes it less intrusive in a way.

I know Manyoo paid Owen millions to sit on his arse for a couple of seasons but he could at least try to remain neutral in his commentary.

They obviously have a lot of fans but a greater number of viewers would've wanted them to lose today. Sky (and BT, Setanta, etc.) have been wedged up that club's arse from day one when we challenged for the title under BFR.

I am absolutely staggered by how many commentators still refer to Guzan as Guzman. I'm pretty sure Owen even said Guzan at one point then incorrected himself to Guzman. What is wrong with these people?

• Like 3

Sky Sports front page.

"Title Drama"

Then refers to Chelsea result, Arsenal result...aaaand Man Utd win.

So why not the Saints win? Anything to support the Sky 4 and the 'image of the league' I suppose.

Football has lost it's way big style nowadays IMO

.....and he is right. I'm glad they didn't but Arsenal should have bought him. He is better then Giroud and Bendtner and would thrive getting service from those Arsenal midfielders.

I agree, just wanted everyone to know how nice of a bloke Owen was for advertising our player for us on TV.

Gary Neville on mnf is great, he was just asked who would he prefer to win the league, man city or Liverpool, his response

"its like having to pick between two blokes to run off with your wife"

• Like 3

I watched it on Irish version of ITV and we had Lawro absolute criminal.

When Mandzukic came on he said this be right up RIo and VIdic street then 10 minutes later Mandzukic is giving Vidic and Rio a torrid time

SOOOOOOOOO......... what do we have to say about tonight's brilliant ITV commentary?

I don't think it was as bad on some on here say. But it was funny when Vidic scored the header, and the commentator says ''Ferdinand with the header''. Ferdinand wasn't even near the area, and they don't look alike, so I don't know how he got  them confused. 

I watched it on Irish version of ITV and we had Lawro absolute criminal.

When Mandzukic came on he said this be right up RIo and VIdic street then 10 minutes later Mandzukic is giving Vidic and Rio a torrid time

Lawro is the worst commentator on mainstream television.

As a pundit I don't think he's too bad.

But as a co commentator he is literally the worst. And I mean literally.

I'd listen to Michael Owen read the dictionary from back to front before I'd listen to Lawro commentate.

Vincent Kompany was on Match of The Day and he was terrible to be honest. He very rarely gave any good insights and he chickened out of questions regarding Toure's dive, Fellaini's elbow, who is going to get relegated and the offside goal in the Man City Southampton game. I understand why he was reluctant to answer those questions, but it begs the question should we have a current player in the studio during match of the day? I personally don't think so. I know he has to be in the changing room with these player's in the future, but if he is not going to open up and give honest answers what is the point in being there.

Edited by Voinjama

Vincent Kompany was on Match of The Day and he was terrible to be honest. He very rarely gave any good insights and he chickened out of questions regarding Toure's dive, Fellaini's elbow, who is going to get relegated and the offside goal in the Man City Southampton game. I understand why he was reluctant to answer those questions, but it begs the question should we have a current player in the studio during match of the day? I personally don't think so. I know he has to be in the changing room with these player's in the future, but if he is not going to open up and give honest answers what is the point in being there.

He was on last year after we played them as well (when they were given 2 really disputable penalties) it's stupid as obviously he isn't going to say anything against his team or the ref. should wait for the player to stop playing or at least not comment on their own team.

Â