Media and punditry

BOF

watched the Keane/Vieira documentary last night, was a brilliant piece of television and also quite funny from both of them. the 2 guys really looked look they were enjoying themselves remembering the battles and with their Gary Neville bashing.

as much as Sky can build it up the Premier League wont have a rivalry again like Arsenal vs Man Utd as it had everything. hatred, talent, great managers, great players, good football and great battles

Just watched it on ITV player. Really good documentary, though it's difficult to take Keane seriously after he said Clough was the best manager he had played under. Clough was a great manager, but the Clough Keane played under had somewhat lost his way, getting Forest relegated in the process. Not exactly stiff competition for the most decorated manager in British football history.

watched the Keane/Vieira documentary last night, was a brilliant piece of television and also quite funny from both of them. the 2 guys really looked look they were enjoying themselves remembering the battles and with their Gary Neville bashing.

as much as Sky can build it up the Premier League wont have a rivalry again like Arsenal vs Man Utd as it had everything. hatred, talent, great managers, great players, good football and great battles

Just watched it on ITV player. Really good documentary, though it's difficult to take Keane seriously after he said Clough was the best manager he had played under. Clough was a great manager, but the Clough Keane played under had somewhat lost his way, getting Forest relegated in the process. Not exactly stiff competition for the most decorated manager in British football history.

And he also picked Ince ahead of Scholes and tried to say Cantona was ahead if Bergkamp...no wonder he was a shite manager.

And he also picked Ince ahead of Scholes and tried to say Cantona was ahead if Bergkamp...no wonder he was a shite manager.

He did undermine himself a little with some of his comments.

• 2 weeks later...

About the worst ever motd I've ever watched, thank god I didn't stay up to watch there analysis of our game, they described suarez' disallowed goal for offside as the correct decision, then Sunderlands, which was exactly the same as being wrong and villa got lucky?

About the worst ever motd I've ever watched, thank god I didn't stay up to watch there analysis of our game, they described suarez' disallowed goal for offside as the correct decision, then Sunderlands, which was exactly the same as being wrong and villa got lucky?

Also didn't bother showing a couple of chances. Terrible highlights and analysis.

We've got Graeme Le Saux doing game commentary now on NBCSN, and he's pretty good. No nonsense, and no annoying accent. Not overeager to get a word in like so many other sidekicks. 

Not a huge fan of Arlo Whatshisface, but he's still better than any American announcer we used to suffer.

• Like 1

Le Saux is probably a very intelligent guy. In fact one of the things I didn't like about him was that he always seemed to have a superiority complex or an arrogance when I saw him as a pundit.

I never saw him when he was a studio pundit, but I can see how he could come across like that. Even as a player, he had a kind of an aloof persona on the pitch. Maybe that's why he was basically bullied by so many players during his career.

Le Saux is probably a very intelligent guy. In fact one of the things I didn't like about him was that he always seemed to have a superiority complex or an arrogance when I saw him as a pundit.

Surprisingly nice guy, Le Saux. I expected the same as you but he's alright.

We've got Graeme Le Saux doing game commentary now on NBCSN, and he's pretty good. No nonsense, and no annoying accent. Not overeager to get a word in like so many other sidekicks. 

Not a huge fan of Arlo Whatshisface, but he's still better than any American announcer we used to suffer.

Le Saux is definitely a lot better than Lee Dixon, whom NBC have paired with Arlo White a few times.

I met Le Saux whilst rock climbing at Centre Parcs, and yes he's a nice guy. He is also married with kids so it puts to bed all those rumours :P

Those rumours were the daftest thing ever.  I think they were based around the fact that he read The Guardian instead of The Sun (back in the days when people actually would take a newspaper to work with them) so therefore he must be a poof.  90's "lad" culture was bollocks really, wasn't it? 

• Like 1

Just watching the build-up to the Blackburn v Man City game on BeIn Sports, and they've spent much of it talking about Paul Lambert's comments about the FA Cup.

Dennis Wise, Trevor Francis and Matt Holland all bleating on about how, whilst probably truthful, all clubs will be treating the cup seriously. In the same breath, the host says there are 7 changes for Man City today, to which TF replies that it's still a strong team.

That's because the Man City squad is fantastic, so it's going to be a strong team you divs!!

How can they also moan about a manager telling the truth too? Would they prefer to hear the usual rolled-out lip service press conferences prior to the cup games?

Bell ends!!

Â