• El Ahmadi
    • Bannan
    • Bent
    • Holman
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor (for Weimann 63)
    • N'Zogbia (for El Ahmadi 72)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:c0eb167012][mrow][mcol color=black:c0eb167012]Newcastle[mcol]1-1[mcol color=#8c333c:c0eb167012]Aston Villa

[row][col color=black:c0eb167012][col][col color=#8c333c:c0eb167012]Clark 22

[row][col color=black:c0eb167012]Ben Arfa 59[col][col color=#8c333c:c0eb167012]

[/table]

So pleased we didnt concede at the end then. We didnt deserve to lose.

Guzan was superb. Didnt put a foot wrong.

The defence was excellent as a whole. We barely gave them a sniff and the goal was a screamer. Nothing you can do about that. I really like Vlaar.

Ireland was very good but should have scored.

Bent was decent but should have hit a couple of shit first time.

Gabby was immense when he came on. Zog was ok but wasted a couple of chances.

On the whole the passing was very good. When do we ever keep the ball like that? The attacks were nice but we need more fluidity but that will come in time. We are on our way. UTV!!

Hard to pick a MotM, solid performances from a lot of the lads today, Guzan has made himself first choice though. The team looked a lot better too, it seems that Lambert is starting to have an effect on the lads. I think the international break comes at a great time for us too, more time to work on the training ground and plenty of time to bring the new signings into the squad. A very good point.

Feel like we deserved 3 points here, but a great draw on the road.

Most importantly, however, is the level of improvement in just three matches. Plus we have Bentake, Bennett and Albrighton on the way.

Feeling really good about this year. Hopefully the boo birds will go into hiding for a while now.

Great point.

Losing this one would have been a complete travesty.

The PL influence seems to be reaping rewards and rightly so. Can't really say anyone was better than the rest, it was just so nice to hear every player giving 100%. But very pleased to see Brad Guzan stepping it up and Vlaar is proving a sweet buy.

We were robbed of 3 points by a wonder goal, just like the Everton one against us too! We out fought them, out thought them and out played them for 90% of the match.

Guzan 9 - Very safe hands

Lowton 8 - Getting better

Lichaj 8 - Good defensive work

Vlaar 8 - Solid

Clark 8 - Well taken goal.

Bannan 8 - Good assist

Ireland 8 - Very Good game

KEA 9 - Classy.(MOTM)

Holman 9 - Great Engine

Weinman 8 - Worked hard

Bent 8 - Just needed a goal but good work.

Gabby 8 - Speedy, strong

N'Zogbia 8 - Good dribbling

Had they not scored that long range effort which overall was their best chance all game then we would have won.. We played very well and if we carry that confidence and that hunger into the Swansea game will more than likely win it.

I think everyone had a pretty good shift today.. Yes Holman had a nightmare game from a passing standpoint but he made up for it in tenacity and the sheer eagerness to make the opposition uncomfortable on the ball. Bent had a nice game, he actually touched the ball more today than he has in the last 6 months. Ireland was good he played some nice linking play with El Ahmadi and later on Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia.

There were far too many positives in this game. I don't think I could get round to every player that played well without being here typing for another 30 minutes. I just hope we keep this going now, if we can play like this in every game we will finish in the top half of the table.

Very pleased with that today as I was expecting us to get turned over.

I thought Guzan had a solid game today. Given might find it hard to win his place back now and rightly so after Guzan's performance. I can't really fault anyone except Holman. The amount of time and space that he gave Ben Arfa for the goal was ridiculous! Great finish but Holman should have closed him down. Can't knock Holmans workrate but he needs to do alot better if he is going to make it here. El Ahmadi was quality. Looks like his ankle injury is nothing serious which is good. I was impressed with Bent today. He won alot of aerial battles as well. Ireland worked hard but some of the through balls he was trying to do were useless. At least he was getting into the right positions though. Gabby looked lively when he came on. As I say I can't really fault anyone. It was a decent performance and a great away point but I'm actually a little disappointed that we didn't come away with all three now! Plenty of positives to take from this game plus with Gabby coming back and the likes of Benteke and Bennett knocking on the door I'm feeling positive.

Much needed - I only watched the first half as I thought it was going to be a heart-attack inducing second half but the hunger from every player was there. The defence obviously needs more time to gel but I thought the energy and desire shown by all was second to none. Bannan is better further out left where his defensive frailties aren't as easily exposed. Holman's hunger was important for the team and especially providing Lowton with a bit more protection. Will be interesting to see how Benteke fits in especially as we seemed to mix it up a bit with Bent/Weimann providing knock downs.

Reminded me a bit of our first season under MON - the desire from the players was there to see, we just don't have the quality to kill off teams.

We had no right to expect a performance like that so early on in such a big rebuild... but there it was.

So pleased to see the team fired up and battling to the last. It was also nice to hear myself shouting at the screen when we went close and getting that knot in my stomach when they were on the attack, it's been a while.

A long road ahead but at least now we are finally heading firmly in the right direction. Looking forward to what the new signings can add and proud to to watch my team again.

Â