Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I like Westwood. I think he has done really well considering where he has come from. Nice tidy intelligent player. But I don't get that feeling from him that I do with Delph, Luna, Okare and even Weimann.

Anybody know what I mean?

I would have said Westwood was Xabi-like tonight but we had Gabby nipping about the centre of the pitch for the first 60 minutes.

When "Xabby" was subbed Westwood looked great. If anyone question whether he had fully made the transition from League One to Premier League, they only need to watch that game. Fantastic. Still can't shoot.

Poor today.

The players who usually are reliable were poor today. The likes of Lowton, Weimann, Westy etc

Agree with that

Lowton didn't even start? Weimenn scored a screamer and westwood controlled the game!

Look at the date of the posts you quoted

I would have said Westwood was Xabi-like tonight but we had Gabby nipping about the centre of the pitch for the first 60 minutes.

When "Xabby" was subbed Westwood looked great. If anyone question whether he had fully made the transition from League One to Premier League, they only need to watch that game. Fantastic. Still can't shoot.

Was hoping he'd score it to be fair but oh well, his range of passing is ridiculous. Can't believe we got him so cheap.

• Like 1

He was very very good tonight. The worst of our starting midfielders, yet still was brilliant. Shows how strong that "weak" midfield is. Some excellent ball retention and passing.