Ashley Westwood

Nabby

without question. In fact I though the Swansea players were really quite nasty and dirty

Yeah but I loved seeing Benteke bully the f*ck out of them. He stood up to everything and they didn't like his aggression at all. Tekkers also showed a great calmness when their player (forgotten who it was) went nose to nose with him. Also we showed against Stoke how we can rough teams up when we need to. For me, when we close down the opposition and don't allow space and get 'in their faces' we tend to do better. The key is, hussling and closing them down fro the first minute.

Cant see where he said it's badly bruised, some guy asked him how it was and he said

@ARWesty04:

@Dazbedford1971 it's fine mate cheers pal a lot better than I first thought

Better than 'out for 3 months' i guess but doesn't say anything about just a bruising. Hopefully it is 'fine' and he can come back for Soton.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Signed up just to give my 2 cents on the injury.

1) A break will heal faster than ligament damage

2) He wouldn't have walked on serious ligament damage. And he hobbled off. Even then, it is only 6-8 weeks, worst case. I did my ankle is a similar way a few months back (which the doctor said it was one of the worst injuries of its kind he'd ever seen) and I couldn't walk for 3/4 weeks, but by 6/7 I was up and about again. At that point I wish that I'd have broken it.

A bruise will be like a week tops. He'll just need to get the swelling down.

People saying Westwood is awful are deluded, he is probably our best midfielder. KEA, Delph, Bannan and Ireland are dreadful to say the least.

westwood is not a very good player which he was still at crewe after his 21st birthday. he is steady player who just stands out a bit because all of our midfielders at the moment are our worst in living memory.

westwood is not a very good player which he was still at crewe after his 21st birthday. he is steady player who just stands out a bit because all of our midfielders at the moment are our worst in living memory.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? You are on a mission to go on every single thread on this forum and belittle every single player within our squad? How on earth or should I say...Why on earth are you a Villa supporter? I haven't read a single post from you which praises anyone.

• Like 3

Seriously, what is wrong with you? You are on a mission to go on every single thread on this forum and belittle every single player within our squad? How on earth or should I say...Why on earth are you a Villa supporter? I haven't read a single post from you which praises anyone.

if you think players of the ilk of westwood are what is needed to carry our club forward you are deluded. he is a steady player but never a top level premier league player. he will make a decent championship player, very much on a peter whittingham level.

To be fair, bar Weimann, Benteke and Guzan. Theres not much praise to give out.

Westwood is slightly less woeful than the rest of the awful players we have.

Heard it all before. A few years back, People bangin on about how good Clark was when he was clearly shite. This lad has done nothing, absolutely nothing. Played a few half decent passes that have been mirrored by some woeful ones.

Leighton Baines is 28 years old. Two or three years ago Warnock was considered better than him. Now, pundits on MOTD eulogise his every highlight and he is considered a serious challenge to Ashley Cole's England spot.

Another classic example: Ian Wright turned professional at 22.

The point? Not all footballers stop getting better once they hit 20. It's true that some plateau from an early age. That's not true of all players.

1. Hungry

2. Willing to learn

3. Able to learn

4. Disciplined attitude

5. Some natural talent

This is what is required to keep getting better. Westwood looks like he has some natural talent so if he has 1-4 he'll keep getting better.

So it doesn't matter that Westwood is 21 and has recently been playing in League One!

• Like 1

Sound, so you would rather see Bannan, Delph and KEA in the middle of the park ;)

I like him, I dont think he would have got into MONs midfield but hes the best we have currently. Cant see why he wouldnt keep on improving.

I dunno, he's a much better player than Sidwell.

Barry, Petrov and Milner? No. Absolutely not. Though I wouldn't really know who to compare him to out of those three. Probably Stan.

I think the potential is clear enough for everyone to see. I know there are one or two who aren't seeing it, but then you look at the dogs abuse Petrov got from many over the years and you wonder if some people understand the game at all.

i think of 3 he is probably a bit similar to Barry, keeps it simple and has coolness in midfield and doesnt want all the attention. thing is when Barry was 22 he wasnt a Premier League centre midfielder am sure he was 26,27 when he got moved there by MON

• Like 1

i think of 3 he is probably a bit similar to Barry, keeps it simple and has coolness in midfield and doesnt want all the attention. thing is when Barry was 22 he wasnt a Premier League centre midfielder am sure he was 26,27 when he got moved there by MON

is my memory bad or did Barry come through as a Left-Back, then got moved up to LM before being pushed into the middle?

I don't think Westwood is a bad player at all, but i don't think he's that good. A lot of people raved about him so i tried to watch him closer in games and he just never did anything which i thought was particularly good. He does the simple well, and i understand he isn't there to get people off there seats, but even the simple looks a bit... simple, with him. If he keeps improving then he could be good, but for me he needs to do just a bit more.

Barry was a CB in a back 3 and did ok there especially for a 16 yr old. Then he played LM for years, where he was really crap, before finally moving to CM, which is where he should have been from day one IMO. He sometimes covered at LB. I think Westwood is quite similar to Barry in some ways.

Edited by Kingfisher

Leighton Baines is 28 years old. Two or three years ago Warnock was considered better than him. Now, pundits on MOTD eulogise his every highlight and he is considered a serious challenge to Ashley Cole's England spot.

Another classic example: Ian Wright turned professional at 22.

The point? Not all footballers stop getting better once they hit 20. It's true that some plateau from an early age. That's not true of all players.

1. Hungry

2. Willing to learn

3. Able to learn

4. Disciplined attitude

5. Some natural talent

This is what is required to keep getting better. Westwood looks like he has some natural talent so if he has 1-4 he'll keep getting better.

So it doesn't matter that Westwood is 21 and has recently been playing in League One!

Spot on.

I'm guesssing he must have run off the broken leg/ligament damage reported by the ever reliable people on Twitter :)

He himself posted replying to someone that his injury was fine and not as bad as first thought. So not sure why people on twitter were saying he was out for 3 months?