Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Not claiming to be ITK, but a Swansea City ST holder told me that AW to them in the summer is a done deal. I'm interested to see how that develops....

Did he tell you if he heard that from a reliable source or was it just chit chat?

Not claiming to be ITK, but a Swansea City ST holder told me that AW to them in the summer is a done deal. I'm interested to see how that develops....

Sounds like made up horse shit to me.  I can't imagine Sherwood will be making any decisions until the end of the season, because until then he hasn't seen enough of the players and isn't even 100% certain what league we'll be in.  And how can it be a 'done deal' outside of the transfer window anyway?

Sounds like made up horse shit to me. I can't imagine Sherwood will be making any decisions until the end of the season, because until then he hasn't seen enough of the players and isn't even 100% certain what league we'll be in. And how can it be a 'done deal' outside of the transfer window anyway?

It was at my Godfather's birthday meal, it was a friend of his who has a ST at Swansea. Said about them being in for him just before signing him ourselves, and said that it was pretty much a done deal. What struck me was the way that he said it so casually, rather than trying to sound ITK and show off. I'm only passing on what I was told, I'm not saying that it's 100%.

Sounds like made up horse shit to me. I can't imagine Sherwood will be making any decisions until the end of the season, because until then he hasn't seen enough of the players and isn't even 100% certain what league we'll be in. And how can it be a 'done deal' outside of the transfer window anyway?

It was at my Godfather's birthday meal, it was a friend of his who has a ST at Swansea. Said about them being in for him just before signing him ourselves, and said that it was pretty much a done deal. What struck me was the way that he said it so casually, rather than trying to sound ITK and show off. I'm only passing on what I was told, I'm not saying that it's 100%.

Wow, I need to renew my season ticket if the club share info such as transfers with ST holders like that. Come on... How on Earth would he know? 

Wow, I need to renew my season ticket if the club share info such as transfers with ST holders like that. Come on... How on Earth would he know? 

Not that I'm trying to back the story but Swansea is a much, much smaller place than Brum. The whole city takes an interest in the club and most people would know someone who has a direct connection with the club. I personally know two people who are on the payroll in different areas of the club so news does tend to spread a bit more freely than it would at somewhere like us.

Living down here in Swansea with more than a passing interest in the Swans,spot on when you say the Swans were interested before he signed for Villa. Must admit have not heard a thing about him signing for the Swans in the summer.Their midfield target is a player called Alexandru Maxin from Stuttgart as I understand.

Someone on Twitter mentioned the other day that Westwood's dad told him that they are going to discuss a new deal in the summer.

My dad is harder than his dad

My dad has a better car than both of yours.

Someone on Twitter mentioned the other day that Westwood's dad told him that they are going to discuss a new deal in the summer.

My dad is harder than his dad

My dad has a better car than both of yours.

But my dad has a tank.

• Like 1

They were about to sign him before we snatched him last minute in 2012 so I'd guess he's remained in their thoughts and they don't shop at the top end of the market so a cheapish player with around 100 prem appearences would certainly appeal to them.

Not sure they need him though.....they have Ki, Jack Cork and Shelvey as first choice midfield and Leon Britton who Zatman still thinks should be picked for England despite hardly playing for them this season so he'd probably get less game time there than here.

Excellent against Liverpool. Most disciplined I've ever seen him in the defensive midfielder role. Can't see how anyone thinks Sanchez should be in the team above Westwood.

Because as you basically elude to in that post, that was Westwood's best ever performance for us. He has never played to that standard previously. If he continues in that manner, then there will be very little opposition to him playing as our defensive-midfielder.

Excellent against Liverpool. Most disciplined I've ever seen him in the defensive midfielder role. Can't see how anyone thinks Sanchez should be in the team above Westwood.

Yes I think Westwood is far more reliable and a much better passer of the ball. Sanchez has greater physical prescence