Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Yes Risso loads of us were pointing this out in August!

Westwood's a good lad, I like him but can't deny he has been off it this season. Still it's not uncommon for young players to dip in the second season in the prem when opponents show them more respect so up to him to improve.

I'm a big fan of Westwood but I agree he hasn't been great this season, although I'm sure he's still adjusting to the league. Thought he was much improved today though and personally I'd use a midfield 3 of him, Sylla and Delph when he's back.

I'm a big fan of Westwood but I agree he hasn't been great this season, although I'm sure he's still adjusting to the league. Thought he was much improved today though and personally I'd use a midfield 3 of him, Sylla and Delph when he's back.

Yes KEA is very underwhelming

Inching his way forward. I thought he had a very good game today, one of his few for the year and showed that he can be the kind of player that dictates when we have the ball against lesser opponents.

It's that keeping the ball part that seems to be eluding us though I think that has more to do with Baker and Clark than anything else.

Kept the ball well but also made some incisive passes. Glad to say he was much more like last season's Westwood. Hopefully he can carry on improving.

If we can get him and Lowton firing like last season, coupled with Guzan, Vlaar, Delph's form this season, we'll have a strong core to our side. Especially with the Beast up top.

With our midfield '3' we could do with a beast to impose themselves in the centre of the park. This would allow Westwood and Delph to play their game.

I like Westwood and can only see him getting better and better with experience - pretty much like Delph has.

I don't mind KEA or Sylla but neither can dominate the midfield in front of the defence which would give the other two more time to crack on with their play.

With our midfield '3' we could do with a beast to impose themselves in the centre of the park. This would allow Westwood and Delph to play their game.

I like Westwood and can only see him getting better and better with experience - pretty much like Delph has.

I don't mind KEA or Sylla but neither can dominate the midfield in front of the defence which would give the other two more time to crack on with their play.

You're right, we need a proper 'presence' in there.

• 3 weeks later...