Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I always look for domination as the main ingredient in a midfield player, so please excuse me for not being that impressed with ours.

Always look lightweight to me...don't do the ugly stuff well enough at home.

I always look for domination as the main ingredient in a midfield player, so please excuse me for not being that impressed with ours.

Cesc-Fabregas-Andres-Iniesta-and-Xavi.jp

As much as I believe we need somebody in there as an enforcer (preferably Sylla right now), Westwood just being 'lightweight' is ridiculous unless you're solely judging him on today's game you could certainly not describe him as somebody who just 'passes sideways.'

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Cesc-Fabregas-Andres-Iniesta-and-Xavi.jp

As much as I believe we need somebody in there as an enforcer (preferably Sylla right now), Westwood just being 'lightweight' is ridiculous unless you're solely judging him on today's game you could certainly not describe him as somebody who just 'passes sideways.'

"Lightweight "does not necessarily refer to their size or the physical side of their game it can also mean their effect on the opposition it can of course mean the former also.

I am aware of Westwoods attributes, but not as convinced of his overall play as some of the fans.

....yes today he was poor, along with a few more.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Westwood or Lowton are as good as we think.Westwood is a tidy player, nice pass, but has'nt got a killer pass.Not mobile enough, or aggressive enough to displace Delph or Sylla, or even KEA, not creative enough, threatening enough, to play alongside them.

Personally my team would'nt have Westwood or Lowton in atm, they both need to be taken out of the firing line.Tonev and Bacuna and Sylla in for me.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Westwood or Lowton are as good as we think.Westwood is a tidy player, nice pass, but has'nt got a killer pass.Not mobile enough, or aggressive enough to displace Delph or Sylla, or even KEA, not creative enough, threatening enough, to play alongside them.

Personally my team would'nt have Westwood or Lowton in atm, they both need to be taken out of the firing line.Tonev and Bacuna and Sylla in for me.

Didn't he play that one touch through ball to Weimann? That was a killer pass IMO.

Not enough though Swerbs and Ponky.I know they are in a different league, but watch the passing of Ozil and Eriksen at Spuds and Arse, there passing is exquisite.Now i don't think Westwood is a bad player, just not as good as some seem to think, i personally think Carruthers would be better in this role than Westwood, but we need to get a good player to play in this role.A Belhanda, Lestienne, will move us up a few places, and maybe convince CB to stay another season.

He still only provides the occasional decent corner. He needs to mix it up a bit more, and sometimes put in those dangerous flat fast corners that are so difficult to defend. He is a professional footballer, as the designated corner taker, you would think he would practice them or do something to ensure that he provides our strikers with more and better opportunities. Too many sail right over their heads. Yesterday proved that if you get a decent ball in to them, our guys will score.   

He's a good player but IMO he's a luxury player for bottom dwelling teams. He's not good at covering the defence and he's not particularly creative either. He could do a job in a formation that has a proper defensive midfielder as a deep lying playmaker, a sort of a homeless man's Carrick.

always waiting to be convinced by this player....not saying he's bad....just waiting for him to be the player some think he is....bit like Lowton.

Edited by TRO

He appeared to be getting frustrated at points on Saturday as the other midfielders had gone missing. He isn't going to be the player to take the game by the scruff of the neck very often - he works well within a system and the system was not working.

Think he's been found out a bit this season so far

i've noticed teams are not giving him as much time to pick a pass like last time round

Whenever he got the ball against Newcastle he was closed down fast by Cabaye and Sissoko

He needs a DM in there like Sylla as protection to be allowed to play his game 

Edited by AshVilla