And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth savin'
And you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'

Now on face value it's just lyrics but to me it reads as  " We are now entering the Age of Aquarius and those who can't adjust to the change in waves are going to drown"

It's used in Alan Moore's Watchmen based movie (Watchmen is also a nickname of the Sumerian Gods who appear to be wearing wrist watches an ancient art.

That's just one song out of millions.  There are no accidents .

It was about the civil rights movement. 

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Didn't expect the mental health jabs or are you ill stuff ( Been very open about that on here )

I don't think either of us will get much more out of me continuing to post about this so I'm going to leave it there and go and enjoy the sun, but what I will say is that while I was quite deliberately taking the piss, it was solely based on the last couple of pages in here. I wasn't aware of your earlier posts about any struggles you've had, so certainly didn't mean to take a dig at that. Sorry if it seemed that way, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't think either of us will get much more out of me continuing to post about this so I'm going to leave it there and go and enjoy the sun, but what I will say is that while I was quite deliberately taking the piss, it was solely based on the last couple of pages in here. I wasn't aware of your earlier posts about any struggles you've had, so certainly didn't mean to take a dig at that. Sorry if it seemed that way, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

It's perfectly fine . When you've gone through the worst that the universe can throw at you name calling becomes pretty damn trivial.   

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So...an oldie, but a local one which doesn’t appear to have been discussed here... who put Bella in the Wych Elm?

Or down the Wych Elm, as per the original Brum based graffiti.

Is that the one on the Obelisk where they spelled it Witch Elm ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Is that the one on the Obelisk where they spelled it Witch Elm ?

That’s the one.

I suspect we probably won’t solve the case tonight, but maybe someone on here will have overheard a bloke in a pub saying they know who did the graffiti at least.

20 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So...an oldie, but a local one which doesn’t appear to have been discussed here... who put Bella in the Wych Elm?

Or down the Wych Elm, as per the original Brum based graffiti.

Having grown up in Pedmore at the bottom of the hill, I had no real idea that this was a semi-famous story. Then a few years ago, my wife and I were in Canada driving around Newfoundland, and there was a section on a radio program about it! So that was quite surreal.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So who is Bella and what is the Wytch Elm?

Also, where is Pedmore?

A woman’s body which was discovered by some boys in Hagley, Worcestershire in 1943. The body was in a hollow trunk of a wych elm tree. They don’t know who she was.

Then a year or so later graffiti appeared in Birmingham which referenced the murder and similar graffiti would appear on the obelisk at Hagley. It’s basically an unsolved murder, but the graffiti adds a further notoriety to it. Plus the Second World War period means theories such a her being a Russian spy are more readily jumped.

Pedmore is in nearby Stourbridge.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, I'd never heard of that - lived in Birmingham my whole life. It's strange the way bits of Birmingham have their own cultures, I lived in the centre for years and grew up around the jewellery quarter, know all about that bit, moved North and know a fair bit about this part too, worked at the NEC for years and learned about Chelmsley and Solihull and all that section, but the whole part that on a clock would be between six and nine is largely a mystery to me - I get as far out as Harborne, beyond that it's another world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thank you, I'd never heard of that - lived in Birmingham my whole life. It's strange the way bits of Birmingham have their own cultures, I lived in the centre for years and grew up around the jewellery quarter, know all about that bit, moved North and know a fair bit about this part too, worked at the NEC for years and learned about Chelmsley and Solihull and all that section, but the whole part that on a clock would be between six and nine is largely a mystery to me - I get as far out as Harborne, beyond that it's another world.

Dunno if you've ever driven down the Hagley Road as far as Hagley, but this is the obelisk (we call it 'the monument' round here) roughly as seen from the road:

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzE5

. . . and this is the somewhat creepy graffiti on it:

Bella_graffiti.jpg

• Like 3

Just having a read, it's a great story, especially the addition of the name through the graffiti and then the potential connection to other murders in the area and the loss of the skull and records by the police. It's got everything you'd need.

Also, the tree is creepy.

Wych-Elm.jpg

• Like 2

Â