Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I can't find the post in this thread, but I've always maintained that McLeish was wrong to play him on the wing. He did all of his good work for Wigan in a free role,  drifting in and out of pockets of space. 

It's interesting going back and reading this thread though. He was perceived as being lazy and lacking in ability. I think when motivated and playing in the correct positions, he's effective. Not my favourite player in the world, because he is quite wasteful, but he's our best creative outlet at the moment. I'm pleased he's in the side, and the combination of N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor and Benteke is one that can keep us up.

I notice he came off early today, I hope that was just a precaution, because I think we need him for our run in. One of these days, he'll score a belter like he did regularly for Wigan, he's getting closer, just a whisker away today. 

So glad Lambert has managed to use him effectively. McLeish was such an idiot and had no business in buying a player like N'Zogbia. And then he had the audacity at one point last season to comment on how he did not approve of footballers' lifestyles, flash cars, etc etc, which was clearly a swipe at Charlie. All that aside though, when played in the right position, N'Zogbia is lethal out there and I am glad we are finally getting to see that. 

I can't find the post in this thread, but I've always maintained that McLeish was wrong to play him on the wing. He did all of his good work for Wigan in a free role,  drifting in and out of pockets of space. 

It's interesting going back and reading this thread though. He was perceived as being lazy and lacking in ability. I think when motivated and playing in the correct positions, he's effective. Not my favourite player in the world, because he is quite wasteful, but he's our best creative outlet at the moment. I'm pleased he's in the side, and the combination of N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor and Benteke is one that can keep us up.

I notice he came off early today, I hope that was just a precaution, because I think we need him for our run in. One of these days, he'll score a belter like he did regularly for Wigan, he's getting closer, just a whisker away today. 

Um...

• Like 1

Added some end product to his much improved displays of late.

PL has to take some credit for playing him in the free role and getting him motivated.

He is slowly, alongside Benteke, becoming the focal point of our attacking play.

In today's form he is vital to the cause.

Edited by wazzap24

Um...

I should have elaborated. A long range shot from open play. :)

I think the position he plays in is a fundamental reason for his performances last season and indeed the mentality of the manager then. This season Lambert has set us up as an attacking side and now that N'Zogbia is getting a run in the side we are seeing a vast improvement.

I just hope he's not injured as he looked in some pain when he was substitued!

Â