Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I don't get why he was given a ridiculous squad number if Lambert wanted him to stick around. Being stripped of his number with the likes of Bent, Hutton and Bannan surely gave him an inclination of what the manager thought about him.

Not if Lambert was actually communicating with him. It's always assumed that Lambert just stuck players in the "bomb squad" without much said. Chances are everyone in the "bomb squad" knew they were leaving and knew they weren't part of the plans. N'Zogbia would have probably been told why he was losing his number and when you have a long-term injury you expect things to move on without you for a little while. 

the guy wasn't going to play for the vast majority of this season in the very best of cases... i have no issue with giving his number to someone who was....  

remember, it was the media or us who put him in the bomb squad, not PL...

Didnt Hutton name a few of the boys that were in the bomb squad? or photos of them traning? I dont recall Charles being mentioned in them at all. Maybe he wasnt.

Either way Paul Lambert is entitled to change his mind. I would like to think he is capable of learning from previous mistakes. By not playing these players he has devalued them. We could still get a few million for Charles if we give him a bit of a run out to impress and put him in the shop window. (Martinez - Everton)

Edited by KSV

Of course he should change his mind but come on we think it was a coincidence he was given that number? Read the article, he was given a number and it was then given to Daniel Johnson, is that not an indication?

I just don't know why he can't be more honest in interviews.

When he played for us under lambert he was mainly in the middle three of the 433. I think if we were to get him anywhere near his best form (which is still erratic but effective on its day) he would have to play on the right of the front three. However this would mean lambert dropping Weiman, which as we saw when he was off form doesn't happen.

When he gets back to fitness it would be interesting to see what happens with him

• Like 1

Of course he should change his mind but come on we think it was a coincidence he was given that number? Read the article, he was given a number and it was then given to Daniel Johnson, is that not an indication?

I think the reason for that was because he was never actually "given a number" by Lambert, instead just assigned a spare one by someone at the club as, due to him having such a long term injury, Lambert hadn't chosen a specific number for him. Which would explain why Johnson took his, as it was never actually his.

I think when he comes back he'll get a choice over what number he can have, which will probably end up being like 26 or something.

I think you might have called this one wrong. Why include him in the 25 man squad if he is part of the 'bomb squad'?

His new number is because of his injury.

John the big squad number should not be taken into consideration this season as he was never expected to play till late on. In fact Id say he was only given a number at all since we dont have a big enough squad to take his place.

Lambert has never intimated that CNZ was never in his plans as he has done with the others.

The squad number means nothing. He wasn't going to play as far as anyone was concerned and it can be considered a marketing ploy as much as anything. Weimann #10 sold like hot cakes cos we were all bumming him at the time. I really don't think there's anything to see here. Lambert has made it clear he has a future here. He just has to work for it and I don't know why but I think he will.

Looking forward to him returning back to full fitness,  Talented player who could make the difference for us.

I think it's important that he doesn't get better in people's minds. After this kind of injury he is unlikely to perform even to the levels of last season, which were patchy enough already. He' a very frustrating player but his directness can be useful in certain situations, especially off the bench.

Edited by PatrickCousens

I think its obvious nzogbia was put in the bomb squad. And now when questioned about the squad number give to nzogbia he says there's nothing in and you're looking for things that aren't there.

Thing is though BJ, a lot of things are obvious to you.........funny how they aren't obvious to everyone else pretty much

• Like 1

I think its obvious nzogbia was put in the bomb squad. And now when questioned about the squad number give to nzogbia he says there's nothing in and you're looking for things that aren't there.

Thing is though BJ, a lot of things are obvious to you.........funny how they aren't obvious to everyone else pretty much

Such as?

Â