Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Assuming Wigan win one of their 2 games in hand ( which is by no means a certainty ) we only have to finish a single point ahead of any of Sunderland, Stoke and Wigan to stay up. Not ideal but I think that's achievable.

From Garth Crook's Team of the Week on BBC:

"Charles has not been the first name on Paul Lambert's team sheet this season but in the last few games he certainly started to look like the player Aston Villa invested in. His goal was a beauty. Collected with the right foot and beautifully dispatched with the left. With N'Zogbia, Christian Benteke, Andreas Weimann and Gabby Agbonlahor, Villa will stay up"

I'll take that last bit :P

Wigan losing the next 2 would help us no end.. City and West Ham are both good at home though so hopefully they help us out.

Try next 3, City away, West Ham away & Spurs at home. Spurs tend to give them a battering too from time to time remember the 9-1? So hopefully that might ease our G.D. worries.

I am hoping Wigan get only 1 or 2 points from there next 3 games. Man City away 0 points, West Ham away 1 point and if Bale is fit 0 points against Spurs.

I really hope City & Spurs can give them a battering, the thing with City is they will want to keep the points United win the league by to a minimum, and they have a team where the can chop and change and play 2 games in 3 days and not really be affected. Silva will hopefully return & Aguero seems to have found his scoring boots. West ham will be a tough game too when you factor in that Wigan will have played in London Saturday, gone back to Wigan, down to Manchester Wednesday, and back down to London Friday. 

We just have to not finish bottom of a 6 team mini league. Honestly, I think that's doable. Another way to look at it, we should be aiming for 6 points from the Sunderland, Wigan and Norwich games which will give us 40 points which should be enough. Anything from the United and Chelsea games will be bonuses. I'm fairly optimistic.

I agree 6 points from those 3 games would see us safe but it won't be easy will it? We need a fully fit agbonlahor for those games. I don't agree with resting players but if he's not 100% for the Man U game then we shouldn't risk him.

Despite Sunderland's victory yesterday I'm still confident we'll finish above them and Wigan. Although I didn't watch their game yesterday I listened to the commentary whilst watching my lad play and it sounded like their victory was as much down to Newcastle playing badly as it was Sunderland playing well. 

If Wigan fail to pick up more than a point from their next three games then they'll be the team that drops in my opinion.

Add to that if QPR beat Stoke at the weekend then they'll face a massive game against Norwich which alot of their fans are saying will define their season. Potentially Stoke will either pull clear and drop Norwich further in the mire or their poor run will continue. Their following game is against Sunderland so there are a lot of twists and turns in the coming month.

Provided we pick up 4 points from the Norwich and Sunderland games we'll be fine as I'm confident we'll beat Wigan on the final day.

"Charles has not been the first name on Paul Lambert's team sheet this season but in the last few games he certainly started to look like the player Aston Villa invested in. His goal was a beauty. Collected with the right foot and beautifully dispatched with the left. With N'Zogbia, Christian Benteke, Andreas Weimann and Gabby Agbonlahor, Villa will stay up"

Leaving aside the fact that Garth Crooks is a complete fruitbat, yes I'll take it too!

Leaving aside the fact that Garth Crooks is a complete fruitbat, yes I'll take it too!

Nice to see something on the BBC that isn't "Villa are completely f*cked" though B)

Edited by JoshVilla
  • Like 1

Nice to see something on the BBC that isn't "Villa are completely f*cked" though B)

He's failed to mention Bent.

I wonder how much the teams around us would give to be so potent going forward that they could leave an 18m goal machine on the bench?

I wonder how much the teams around us would give to be so potent going forward that they could leave an 18m goal machine on the bench?

And where would Bent fit into our system?

• Like 1

He's only an "£18m goal machine" when he can be arsed though, which has been only a handful of times this entire season. He has'nt done anything to deserve a place in the starting eleven and is'nt a good enough footballer to adapt his game to fit into our style of play. He needs wide men to lay chances to him on a plate!

Bent is just treading water til the inevitable move away in the summer. He'll probably make a couple more appearances and touch the ball a few times.

• Like 1