Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

It all comes down to the Sunderland game for me,win that and we will be safe,loose that an I think we will go. Hopefully wigan don't pick much up in the next few games just to keep us in amongst the others.

I think Sunderlands plan of bringing in Di Canio may prove to be a master stroke. I have got a feeling they will get something at villa park

It all comes down to the Sunderland game for me,win that and we will be safe,loose that an I think we will go. Hopefully wigan don't pick much up in the next few games just to keep us in amongst the others.

I think Sunderlands plan of bringing in Di Canio may prove to be a master stroke. I have got a feeling they will get something at villa park

So do I, a **** good hiding!!!

• Like 3

Newcastle were woeful on Sunday.

We won't be that bad, we can beat Sunderland for sure.

Yes Newcastle played like headless chickens. We have a better attack than Sunderland so theres no reason we cant beat them. We need Everton to do us a favour.

Well .. If we go monday to the OT with :

Sunderland losing from Everton ..

Wigan losing from Man City and West Ham ..

Stoke Losing from QPR ..

Norwich losing from Reading ..

Newcastle Losing from West Brom ..

Well .. I think I'm dreaming .. but if that was the case .. we could enter to Utd game relaxing ..

"We need a minimum of 4 points from the Norwich and Sunderland games. That would put us ahead of Wigan and Stoke on the final day by my reckoning". For me lp-villa830 we need to get 40 points on the board before that last game lottery wherever those points may come from. So I think we may need 6 from those 2 games and it is a big ask as they are both 6-point games. By the way does anyone else wonder if Wigan might rest players from the FA Cup Final should they need points from the last game to stay up???

No no chance. The FA Cup final is the biggest game in their history.  They have Arsenal on the Tuesday before they meet us. We should really be a lot fresher than they are.

Edited by PaulC

"No no chance. The FA Cup final is the biggest game in their history". I would like to think so as well PaulC but they are in Europe already and might see staying up more likely and a bigger goal given the money that would give them than winning the cup (as others have shown earlier during the cup competition). But I guess no player would want to miss out on the final although I would not want it to go to that last game for us.    

Yes I know but how many times are Wigan going to be in the FA Cup final. We haven't won it since 1957. Its massive for the players and supporters. In the old days the FA Cup used to hold equal importance to the league but I appreciate because of the money involved it doesn't anymore.

I really think if Newcastle loses to West Brom they could  really be in it !

Well .. They are  the most quality team in the mini leaque but they have a hard fixture like us !

I'm hoping all other teams loses so it comes easy for us and tight for them !

We need a minimum of 4 points from the Norwich and Sunderland games. That would put us ahead of Wigan and Stoke on the final day by my reckoning.

That seems reasonable if not a little bit too close for comfort. 38 points should be enough this season.

"We need a minimum of 4 points from the Norwich and Sunderland games. That would put us ahead of Wigan and Stoke on the final day by my reckoning". For me lp-villa830 we need to get 40 points on the board before that last game lottery wherever those points may come from. So I think we may need 6 from those 2 games and it is a big ask as they are both 6-point games. By the way does anyone else wonder if Wigan might rest players from the FA Cup Final should they need points from the last game to stay up???

I'd prefer 6 points from those two games also but as you say that is a big ask. Admittedly it would make for a tense final day but I think we have all knew for a while it will go down to the wire. If we manage 6 points we will be fine, if its 3 or less we are doomed.