Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Actually thought we were pretty shit on Saturday. Considering the importance of the game it was a very flat performance , yes we missed gabby but where was Weimann and Benteke ? Both had really bad games, what the **** Is the point in playing Bowery ? He offers nothing . I'm sorry but Saturday was a massive **** up and you can try and gloss over it but it's a massive 2 points dropped that could see us relegated.

As found out against Fulham, sometimes playing mid-table teams is not easier, there is less pressure on these teams. There will be a lot more twists and turns yet.

Also they kept it very tight , in second half they had one break and had no one in the box we had about 5 players there.They had little ambition.Jol wanted the one point to get to 40 as he saw that as safety.

Man United we are likely to lose ,however they have dipped a bit and playing on the counter will suit us.Just hope that Gabby is fit and Beneteke recovers some form.

I think were as bad as wigan if not worse, wigan seem to have more about them than us, their a better unit as a team, just my opinion but they seem to be able to get the results , it will be between us and wigan but they have a lot more nerve than us I feel

I'm sure the Wigan fan forum is saying all the same things about us, but actually the teams with most to worry about at the moment are Stoke and Norwich who between them have 4 draws and 8 defeats in their last six games (each). Sunderland also have managed to raise their form for the derby match but can they do the same again for the rest of the run-in?

Obviously anything could happen yet but I'd much rather be going into the final 5 matches with our current form than Stoke, Norwich or Sunderland's.

• Like 1

Wigan losing the next 2 would help us no end.. City and West Ham are both good at home though so hopefully they help us out.

Reading almost nothing to play for now no one expecting them to get out of it so that could help against Norwich who are crumbing 

and very much like Stoke they struggle to score.

Watching Di Canio's antics yesterday, still has me convinced Sunderland will implode. The man is bound to upset some of his players at any moment. Its like waiting for a Nork missile test, you know its coming......its just when ;)

Maybe he has adapted and learned from his time as Swindon, hope not though.

I think they might be ok now with the Stoke and Southampton home games to come. Our run in is as tough as anybodys.

Stoke losing that, will be ok.

We have Sunderland to come where there manager is going to get some right stick, Norwich away where we won earlier in the season, and a Wigan side with another distraction. Manure is a write off, then Chelsea whom are bad travellers to Villa Park and with euro ambitions?

Its still in our own hands, and i think it will end up being between Sunderland/Wigan/Stoke. Im still confident.

Still think we'll be alright. We're mentally aware of the situation by now, whereas two or three of the others have suddenly found themselves thrown into the mix.

Can they handle it?

I believe we can....and will.

Did the BBC Predictor, had us staying up in 17th. One point ahead of Stoke and behind Wigan on goal diffrence. Had a draw against Sunderland, win against Norwich and losses to Utd, Chelsea and Wigan.

Will be tight as ****.

To be honest a draw at Old Trafford would be a good result bearing in mind they are essentially the Champions baring them losing every remaining game.

What would be people reaction if PL rested say Benteke and Westwood for the Man U game with Sunderland in mind ?

What would be people reaction if PL rested say Benteke and Westwood for the Man U game with Sunderland in mind ?

The thing is, its how we lose....

A hammering now, could efectively relegate us by destroying what confidence weve got. A narrow defeat, or a defeat where we have done quite well in the game can still build that confidence.

So im glad im not the one making that decision!

Edited by MagicMushroom
  • Like 1

Pressure is on Wigan now, it's hard to see where their points will come from.

At Man City = loss

At West Ham = loss

v Spurs = loss

At West Brom = draw

v Swansea = draw

at Arsenal = loss

v Villa = draw

They're ****

Their *******

:D