Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

stoke have a better defense than us

Debatable, especially recently. Even so, enough for a 40% swing? Nope.

I agree about the % thing but come on. Even with their bad form only 7 teams have conceded less goals than Stoke in the league.

We have conceded 19 more than them...

And we havent kept a clean sheet since Dec 8th Against Stoke, thats 18 games

Edited by sne

stoke have a better defense than us

Debatable, especially recently. Even so, enough for a 40% swing? Nope.

I agree about the % thing but come on. Even with their bad form only 7 teams have conceded less goals than Stoke in the league.

We have conceded 19 more than them...

And we havent kept a clean sheet since Dec 8th Against Stoke, thats 18 games

Recently they've been terrible and we've been improving. The here and now is all that matters in the run in. 

Your post came across bitingly sarcastic to me. But that's the problem with the internet. Moving on.

No mate no sarcasm intended at all.

My apologies then.  :thumb:

Edited by StefanAVFC

Your post came across bitingly sarcastic to me. But that's the problem with the internet. Moving on.

Duly accepted. :cheers:

At the moment anyway it's a fist fight between Villa and Wigan for 17th place. Of course that could chop and change in this 5-game league we are now in.

I don't think Villa having to play the next 2 fixtures on Monday evenings will particularly help us at all. Wigan will have played 3 times by the night we play Sunderland.

QPR could keep Stoke down there but we don't want QPR getting any closer to us either at this stage! This is our darkest hour we have to see through these next 2 weeks.

At the moment anyway it's a fist fight between Villa and Wigan for 17th place. Of course that could chop and change in this 5-game league we are now in.

I don't think Villa having to play the next 2 fixtures on Monday evenings will particularly help us at all. Wigan will have played 3 times by the night we play Sunderland.

QPR could keep Stoke down there but we don't want QPR getting any closer to us either at this stage! This is our darkest hour we have to see through these next 2 weeks.

Do Norwich and Sunderland not exist? We're in the best form out of every team in that 5 team group.

We are on the same points as Stoke and they are in much worse form than us as well, and I honestly don't think you need worry about QPR. They are down!

Duly accepted. :cheers:

Blackdragons4806c1c4bc3cb.jpg

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 3

QPR need to win 3 and draw 1 just to catch us up, and that would be assuming that we don't pick up any more points from any of our last 5 games. QPR and Reading are finished now. I like the idea of it being a cluster of 5 or 6 that we just need to not finish at the bottom of; it makes things seem a lot more do-able. 6 points from 5 games, 4 of those winnable (Yep, I still think Chelsea is winnable), I think (hope!) we'll manage

the thing i like about chelsea at the moment is that they do not have a manager playing for his job!!!

watched the sunderland game and am still baffled as to how they managed to win it as comfortably as they did.... sessegnon was very good, but other than that, neither team had much to strike fear in the heart of other teams....

having said that, fascist or not, appointing di canio to see sunderland through to the end of the season was an absolute masterstroke.... watching him running around like a lunatic on the sideline, you got the sense that he would take all 11 players and carry them ove the finishing line... as far as someone who can fire his squad up and make them want to sweat blood for the cause, i'd have to say he's your man.... however looking at their squad, i'm not sure that adrenaline is going to be enough for them....

newcastle on the other hand were absolutely shocking.... they look like a bunch of players who have no affinity for each other - i got no sense of passion or team spirit, and this in their derby match.... not really exciting with so many new players and none of them with any understanding of the history between the two teams.... skill is good, but only when tempered with passion.... they must be wondering what on earth inspired them to give alan pardew an 8 year contract, and then do buy a team of slick frenchmen who play continental style football....

stoke seem lost as a team, and i'm glad they started with adam on and that he was inconsequential for them, because he turned the game against us before our two late goals.... remove the belief that he can continue to do that, and i think they're deep in trouble....

with wigan, they're playing well, but as sessegnon is talismanic for sunderland, so arouna kone is carrying much of the burden for wigan.... if either of those two players get injured, their repsective teams will struggle.... they have a lot of games coming up in a very short time, with a very small squad.... i would hope that they're going to get a couple of slip-ups that we aren't expecting....

norwich are another of those team that seem to have neither the start players to lift them, or the passion to grind out results without them.... i think they are in trouble unless they get a result in the next two weeks....

I think QPR and reading are both gone, but I think they have a very important part still to play.... while i don't want them catching us, i would love to mathematically have something to play for as late into the season as possible....

and then us - i've just got the feeling that we'll be ok, even if its by the skin of our teeth.... i think as a team we played poorly on saturday and yet managed a draw.... i think zoggy was fantastic, and i think lambert bottled it pulling him off and trying to shut up shop for the draw....

bring gaby back into the line up and we have a front four as good as most in our division and i certainly wouldn't swap them for their counterparts at qpr, reading, wigan, sunderland, stoke, newcastle or norwich...

with ciaran fit again, are we likely to see baker reverting back to left back?

am i right in thinking that lowton not getting booked on saturday avoided him getting a two match ban for 10 yellow cards, if so, thats a great result for us, and could be key in the next month...

Wigan have lost their last 6 games against man City without scoring a goal.

Guaranteed to beat them tomorrow then!

In reality, a nice 4 goal drubbing from City would be absolutely lovely. Would just tip the GD in our favour.

In reality, a nice 4 goal drubbing from City would be absolutely lovely. Would just tip the GD in our favour.

Wouldn't it be brilliant, it'd be an extra point. Hopefully Wigan do not take more than 2 points from their next 3 games.

Oh yeah, its guaranteed Wigan will get a result against City; its just bloody typical to happen to Villa.

I know if we get relegated its our own fault, but Villa dont half get their pants pulled down by other teams when we're not even playing!

Wigan will either win or get a 0-0 draw or something.

• Like 1

It'll be decided weekend of May 4th/5th.

We'll be coming off the back of glorious/horrific Sunderland result and travel to Norwich.

Wigan will probably win at West Brom with the sight of another winnable Swansea home fixture on the following Tuesday.

If we lose to Norwich and Wigan beat WBA I think we'll be 4 points adrift in the zone, unless Sunderland beat Stoke. Stoke will have 4 more points by this time after a draw and a win against QPR then Norwich.

I will not say May the 4th be with you, but prepare for some cringey space themed shorts on Soccer Saturday and Final Score.

Edited by Tomaszk