Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I can't see Stoke continuing to be as poor as they have been for the last few months right to the end of the season.

This time yesterday and prior to that everyone was talking about how Sunderland had no hope as they were on an awful run and were missing Fletcher.

I fear Stoke getting a win very soon and then who will we be talking about as the team with no hope? It would come down to most likely being out of us and that team that have been there several times before who we have to face away on the last day, Dave Whelan's lovechildren.

Equally a few weeks ago QPR & Reading were on 'little runs' - we all thought we must be due a little run soon ....and so it proved . But against Fulham I really thought we were back to square 1 - Forwards missing sitters, and holding the lead for only 10 minutes. My worry is our 'little Run' of form has been and gone - were 3pts clear over a team with 2 games in hand , and away to the champions elect next.

mantis and morpheus are you the 2 who used to have long arguments on the forum before.

Yeah mate but there's one or two others who have also debated with Mantis.

A comment like that would most likely rile mantis and make the situation between you 2 even worse.

mantis and morpheus are you the 2 who used to have long arguments on the forum before.

Yeah mate but there's one or two others who have also debated with Mantis.

A comment like that would most likely rile mantis and make the situation between you 2 even worse.

That would be the last thing i'd want to do. ;)

Mantis is very good in debate, makes some very good points and is one of the best posters on site.

Pressure is on Wigan now, it's hard to see where their points will come from. 

At Man City

At West Ham

v Spurs

At West Brom

v Swansea

at Arsenal

v Villa

I would say they have to be targeting wins against us, Swansea and/or West Brom to stay up. 

Pressure is on Wigan now, it's hard to see where their points will come from. 

At Man City = loss

At West Ham = loss

v Spurs = loss

At West Brom = draw

v Swansea = draw

at Arsenal = loss

v Villa = draw

They're ****

The thing that annoys me about Wigan is that they have no real place in the Premier League. They don't have the fanbase, they're not going to attract serious investment.

They can't survive a relegation scrap every year and once they go down (which they will soon even if they stay up this year) there's a good chance they won't come back. 

There are sides in the Championship that can have a serious crack at establishing themselves in the Premier League (Cardiff, Leicester, Forest, Leeds, maybe Brighton). Wigan aren't going to do it. 

I'm sure that hugely offends Wigan fans but let's face it when you leave 10,000 tickets unsold for an FA Cup semi-final the writing is on the wall that you've reached your ceiling as a club. 

You can rely on the teams around us to be well organised, we, even when we have had decent results look like we can unravel at any time.

2 loses from the next 2 and we will be down

If the other teams around us are so well organised, why are they around us? They must have unravelled a few times this season as well!

So losing against manu and sunderland means we are automatically down, even though we could still reach 40+ points??? Even if sunderland were the only other team we were competing against, it still wouldn't be certain. Adding stoke, wigan and nawich in to the mix makes it even less certain.

I've seen enough changes in form from so many teams, including us, this season, that predicting any certainties is pointless.

Edited by brommy

I'm sure that hugely offends Wigan fans...

I suspect your post might offend other football fans, not just Wigan! Of course your opinion is valid but not necessarily one I agree with on this occasion.

Last season we looked fecked and relegated. We beat Chelsea on a serious off-day. I'm not going to describe the football, nobody needs reminding. We survived because Bolton were so cack we let them take the place instead.

This season we are in a relegation scrap. We mashed up Man City's multimillionaire B-Team in the league cup and Liverpool - both away from home.

I know which I'd prefer...

(ps. don't mention Bradford/Milwall)