Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

From Garth Crook's Team of the Week on BBC:

"Charles has not been the first name on Paul Lambert's team sheet this season but in the last few games he certainly started to look like the player Aston Villa invested in. His goal was a beauty. Collected with the right foot and beautifully dispatched with the left. With N'Zogbia, Christian Benteke, Andreas Weimann and Gabby Agbonlahor, Villa will stay up"

I'll take that last bit :P

Leaving aside the fact that Garth Crooks is a complete fruitbat, yes I'll take it too!

Nice to see something on the BBC that isn't "Villa are completely f*cked" though B)

He's failed to mention Bent.

I wonder how much the teams around us would give to be so potent going forward that they could leave an 18m goal machine on the bench?

And where would Bent fit into our system?

We have a system??????

"Charles has not been the first name on Paul Lambert's team sheet this season but in the last few games he certainly started to look like the player Aston Villa invested in. His goal was a beauty. Collected with the right foot and beautifully dispatched with the left. With N'Zogbia, Christian Benteke, Andreas Weimann and Gabby Agbonlahor, Villa will stay up"

Leaving aside the fact that Garth Crooks is a complete fruitbat, yes I'll take it too!

Nice to see something on the BBC that isn't "Villa are completely f*cked" though B)

I wonder how much the teams around us would give to be so potent going forward that they could leave an 18m goal machine on the bench?

We have a system??????

Yes. Benteke as a central striker and 2 wingers who track back and work hard. Unless we take out Benteke, Bent has no place.

Hmm, with 102 goals in 243 premiere league appearances, a record up there with Rooney and Van Persie, surely he has to play a bigger part. I wouldn't play him ahead of Benteke but I think he needs more time than the odd 10 minutes off the bench.

Read my post again.

Where have i said that Bent should be playing?

My reference to Bent was meant in context of the other teams around us being envious of our current riches going forward that we can afford to leave Bent on the bench. :rolleyes:

We have a system??????

Yes. Benteke as a central striker and 2 wingers who track back and work hard. Unless we take out Benteke, Bent has no place.

Agree with this.

It has been suggested elsewhere that Benteke is starting to look a little jaded and might be rested for the Man U game with Bent as his replacement.

Hmm I doubt that. 

Read the wording in bold.

Monte Carlo has moved back into having us being slight favorites for the drop

QPR: 0% stay up, 31% 19th, 69% 20th

Reading: 0% stay up, 1% 18th, 68% 19th, 31% 20th

Villa: 55% stay up, 45% 18th

Wigan: 56% stay up, 43% 18th, 1% 19th

Sunderland: 96% stay up, 4% 18th

Stoke: 96% stay up, 4% 18th

Norwich: 98% stay up, 2% 18th

Newcastle: 99% stay up, 1% 18th

Monte Carlo has moved back into having us being slight favorites for the drop

QPR: 0% stay up, 31% 19th, 69% 20th

Reading: 0% stay up, 1% 18th, 68% 19th, 31% 20th

Villa: 55% stay up, 45% 18th

Wigan: 56% stay up, 43% 18th, 1% 19th

Sunderland: 96% stay up, 4% 18th

Stoke: 96% stay up, 4% 18th

Norwich: 98% stay up, 2% 18th

Newcastle: 99% stay up, 1% 18th

Newcastle are not 1%. Not a chance.

And Stoke 4%? Nonsense.

Edited by StefanAVFC

A certain alf Ramsey left out one of the countries greatest goal scorers of all time in jimmy greaves from the World Cup final....that was some decision.

I guess it's called horses for courses.

A certain alf Ramsey left out one of the countries greatest goal scorers of all time in jimmy greaves from the World Cup final....that was some decision.

I guess it's called horses for courses.

Ps in reference to leaving out bent.

Is there weights on that Monte Carlo system or how does it work Levi?

It just takes league position into account. not form.

But wait, how are Stoke 96% safe when they have the same amount of points as us?  :blink:

Edited by StefanAVFC

Sunderland have one convincing win in how long and suddenly some folk are overlooking them for the drop.

They are still in the mix for me. Di Canio or not.