Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Right, our defense is a complete shambles. We need to just go all out attack and try to win. There's no point trying to hold onto leads because we're just incapable. We just need to be Gung-ho in every game now and try everything to just score more than they do. We'll get battered in some games, but we will also pick up points in others. It's the only way I can see us getting out of this mess. 

Its just the fact other teams are picking up points

Reading have been on a stormer.

- Beat Baggies

- Beat Newcastle

- Drew to Chelsea

- Beat Sunderland

and now they're beginning to drift away - leaving us firmly behind. 

I'm afraid thats it for us. We are down. 

• Like 1

Villa are like an an inverted version of the saying "Every cloud has a silver lining".. It's more like "Every chink of light has clouds attached to it".. 2-1 up with minutes to go at Swansea...Draw... 2-0 up at the Hawthorns...draw!... 2-0 up at home to Man U..Lose,

& now the  latest installment... 3-1 up with minutes to go... Draw!

You just cannot sustain that amount of cock ups & expect to survive in the Premier League.

Not expecting anything today but you simply have to hold on with a two goal lead.  

We are now becoming detached from the pack in front; Newcastle are 6 points away and have strengthened, QPR are keeping clean sheets every week, Reading are winning, Southampton are decent and Wigan have seen it all before.  We have had it.

This. I was a bit surprised that Newcastle have done as poorly as they have this season but they simply woke up in the last 2 games and took off.

Reading and Southampton are not completely useless.

Wigan always step up a gear and are capable of getting wins just when it starts to look desperate for them.

The only one comparably as poor as us now are QPR and even they have strengthened and shown a bit of improvement.

We will struggle to avoid finishing bottom nevermind avoid relgegation.

Even watching Fulham now (before it just went pitch black! (floodlights went off)), they look ok and have a bit of strength  Watching other teams just makes it hit home how weak our team is in terms of physical strength. They're all just streaks of piss

We couldn't afford the wages of a central defender?

Sharner went to Wigan. Won't be on much.

Could have got somebody in on loan for the wages of Dawkins/Warnock/Hutton

Excuse after excuse for complete idiocy on all accounts within the club, and we're going to go down. Simple as that. I hate most of the players. I hate Lambert and most of all I hate Lerner.

**** word removed.

a 2/3 game run and sunderland got out of it, newcastle and reading looking like the same

ever the optimist im expecting us to blow a lead vs wigan, last minute corner

huge game, if we can last that long i'll be amazed, 3/4k away fans, us or them, as it stands id take that scenario

**** this defeatist attitude. I know many of you would call it realism but I am certainly not prepared to throw the towel in.

That was a very good point today. 3-1 up yes but against a team that had lost at home once this season and only three times in total. They were always going to fight to the finish and would have come back against a lot of sides.

Results went OK for us today. Forget Newcastle they were never in the mix anyway. It is 3 from 5 from us QPR, Wigan, Saints and Reading. Wigan and Saints did us a favour by drawing, QPR only got a point at home against Norwich and Reading beat Sunderland at home as you'd arguably expect. We gained a completely unexpected point.

I have seen enough second half against Newcastle and today against Everton to see we have plenty of fight in us and can stay up. We need to stay on the front foot in games as going forward we look very good. We show the same endeavour and attacking intent we have in the last one and half games against  West Ham, QPR, Fulham, Sunderland, Liverpool at home and Reading, Stoke, Norwich and Wigan away I see us getting enough points to stay up.

Fans can play a part to and I really hope we can see a big crowd against West Ham.Its time to all roll our sleeves up and get behind the lads.

this.

and most people expected a 4-0 defeat, but complain when we draw? even if we lose a two goal lead its still a point i for one wasnt counting on.

sylla looked a bit so and so today, but to be fair there was quite alot of pressure on him having his debut in a situation like that. If he settles in and can perform we will already look alot better, anything is a improvement on our leaky midfield. If we go back to a 442 and our defence starts to get their shit together i dont see a reason why we shouldnt have just as much of a chance to stay up as any other team in the relegation fight. And as they have shown today, scoring isnt really an issue when we want too

UTV!

We can definitely stay up, we have been getting hammered, now we are getting ahead and loosing it at the end, it will come, it is 100% a confidence issue and this is slowly but surely turning, we could only play for 1/2 a game but today that was different, we need a bit of luck, if Weiman had took his chance we 100% would have won today/

It is not all doom and gloom, there is a light at the end of the tunnel as others have said until it is mathematically impossible to stay up then anything can happen.

QPR may not be a happy place to be with so many players not being picked who will be moaning,

There are some interesting matches to be played.

QPR have us, Reading, Wigan, Southampton to play. If they go on the run that someone here predicts, they will take points off some of our competitors too.

The next three for Southampton are City at home, Newcastle away and QPR at home.

Reading, who has been good lately, has Stoke away, Wigan at home and Everton away.

The mentioned Wigan has Chelsea away next and then Reading away and Liverpool home.

We have West Ham home, then some tough matches against Arsenal and City. But we have also Reading, QPR and Wigan to play.

Words aren't powerful enough to express how disappointing this team is.

The only team that have lower odds than us to go down is QPR. Given that we still have to play QPR and they are only 4 points behind us I think the only surprise is that they have lower odds than us to get relegated.

I think we're going to finish bottom and the only reason I won't put a bet on that is because I won't get much money back because it's almost a certainty.

Game over.

The main issue is we keep losing leads. It wouldn't be half as bad if all those draws had been achieved by us fighting back in to it. That would boost morale and have a greater effect on the team even though our points would be the same.

We are a soft touch. If we go behind we don't get anything out of the game, if we go ahead we have backs to the walls and always crumble. This team does not have the physical or mental strength to survive in this league. We're down because if a team comes at us we roll over. How many goals have we seen in the last ten minutes and how many of us are really shocked that when it went 3-2 today we were going to throw it away again? It's a repeating record.

How many points have we gained from losing positions, how many points have we lost from winning positions? I think both statistics would be the worst in the league.

We'll go down without a fight and, like many others on here, I believe it's just a matter of whether we're bottom or 18th.

Edited by jackbauer24