Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

As others have pointed out Villa Park has not been a fortress for decades. For some reason they have always been better away relatively speaking. I think the last time Villa Park was a fortress was under John Gregory.

I think they will stay up - just.

So Brian McDermott's Reading have now won something like five out of six. They look like they'll fight their way out if it, or at least have a good go at trying. If we go down, it'll be with a whimper.

I wonder how many mega salaried players he's got to his disposal? Was he given £20M + in the summer?

Some guy on ESPN tipped us to stay up and said we have enough quality in BEnteke and Zog to see us through.

Interestingly he tipped Norwich adn Sunderland to go down with QPR. Said Sunderland had nothing in attacking sense and without a penalty wouldnt have came close to scoring yesterday

We need to get on a roll, we need to secure some 3 pointers. If keep at our current pace then we are going down, hence why people keep suggesting it. Come on, it`s already february and we have won 4 games this season. We need more wins than that with our remaining matches. I do think Norwich might get sucked in to this, I don`t think becchio is going to be their savior either. He is decent but I don`t think he has what it takes to keep a team up. I think reading is going to stop on their run, no way are they gonna keep this up. QPR can go either way, but judging from their last Norwich match they certainly seemed like a crappier team than us. But they have some really talented players and at any given time I could see they suddenly turn it around and get like three wins in a row. We don`t have much going for us, if anything.

Sunderland had nothing in attacking sense and without a penalty wouldnt have came close to scoring yesterday

Sunderland have goalscorers but too many average players and an unbalanced team. I wouldn't be surprised if they got dragged in it but I think O'Neill will at the very least set them up to grind a win when they absolutely need one. They look a bit 'seasons over' to me, as they have done since about March last year.

If and when we go down we can kiss goodbye to a whole host of players - there's a World Cup at the end of next season and our best players (Benteke, Weimann, Vlaar, even Guzan) will be wanting top flight football as preparation.  They wont be wanting 46 games against the likes of Blackpool and Derby County.

2014 is also the club's 140th anniversary.  It won't be a great start to that milestone if we're not in the top flight.

Weimann is Austrian he won't be going to Brazil. He can forget about the world cup.

I personally thing both Holland and USA have at least 4 players better then Vlaar and Guzan in those respective positions.

Tim Howard

Nick Rimando

Bill Hamid

I will admit I don't know much about Bill Hamid, but the other 3 are all currently better and the recent call ups to the USA national team show that.

Some would even say Brad Freidel still is, but of course he retired from international football years ago.

Edited by Voinjama

Right so you delete one of the names then leave hamid in there? Then change the subject.

Utter tripe. A goalkeeper you've hardly seen play is better than Guzan because of international call ups? Thats not even getting started on the other names.

I am not changing the subject, just sticking to the site guideline rules.  And how do you know I have never seen them play? You don't know me.

Anyway back on topic, I think the surprising run by Reading is what has caused the panic amongst Villa fans. Some of us in December thought that 2 spots were already filled with Reading and QPR being so far behind. So we thought there was just 1 spot remaining with us battling woth Southampton and Wigan. Anyway still a long way to go.

Edited by Voinjama

I'm hardly wound up. I just find it hilarious when you can 1) delete things in your first post 2) straight up contradict yourself 3) then get massively defensive then 4) when pushed again come out with this 'ong it's da Internet u shudnt gt wound up.

Fair enough, you've taken petulance and drivel to on VT to a new level. That I congratulate you for :)