Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Terrible result for us tonight.

What a confidence boost that will give QPR.

I think sunderland will be down there but i think they'll have enough to stay up.

If QPR start putting a good run together we could be in some serious trouble. Lets hope their form is like us after we beat liverpool.

Is relegation a possibility? Certainly, but I do not think anyone is saying that relegation is out of the question.

What helps me sleep at night is I think the first half of the season went as poorly as it could have and we still are not in the bottom three at the half way point. If we even improve a little bit - with hopefully some new signings and Vlaar coming back from injury - we have a decent chance at staying up.

You can call it optimism if you want to, but I can also tell you to **** off :).

Lol. I spat tea over my carpet. It was like reading one of those motivational posters. awesome.

What helps me sleep at night is I think the first half of the season went as poorly as it could have and we still are not in the bottom three at the half way point.

I bet you Reading and QPR fans are thinking they have been absolutely dire but are still within 6 points of safety and Wigan will also be thinking similar and they are with in a point of safety. I think we will improve but I also expect others especially, QPR, Newcastle, Wigan, to do the same.

Well that just about sums up how this season is going... We get stuffed 8-0 & QPR get a flukey 1-0 win with Chelsea having 25 shots but only 2 on target. Either that or the back handers have started early due to QPR's desperate situation.. Another loss or two & they'd have been out of it..how convenient that they suddenly start to win :puke:

I actually am beginning to think that we are getting relegated this season.

How I see it, we need 20 points from 17 games - I just can't see us winning 6 more games, and lets say we win 3? Can anyone see us drawing 11 games?

I can't see us finishing on more than 35 points, I just hope and pray that it will be enough!

The trick to staying up is to have more points to games played (obvious, I know) consistently through out the season. we are currently behind that. Luckily others are too. If we can beat Southampton that will level us up nicely to tackle the last 16 games. We need 8 wins this season I think. Let's get those quickly!! we will not be relegated if we can keep the points above the amount of games we have played.

No but Vlaar returning will massively help us.

Not so sure why people are so certain of this.

Our run of best form was without Vlaar, and we leaked goals left right and centre with him.

As awful as the rest if you ask me.

yeah were 6 points ahead of them... but their bottom.

Were only few points off relegation.. Southampton is an absolute must win and we must smash them to return the favour from our beating earlier this season.

Forget West Brom and West Ham, if we can beat Newcastle and Southampton we'll be laughing.

Not so sure why people are so certain of this.

Our run of best form was without Vlaar, and we leaked goals left right and centre with him.

As awful as the rest if you ask me.

We also had those 3 nightmare games around Christmas without him, so that doesn't really prove anything.

Fact is he is far better than Herd so yes him coming back will help things.

Edited by Mantis

Forget West Brom and West Ham, if we can beat Newcastle and Southampton we'll be laughing.

We also had those 3 nightmare games around Christmas without him, so that doesn't really prove anything.

Fact is he is far better than Herd so yes him coming back will help things.

I actually think, that whilst we have the worst midfield in premiership history, it doesnt really matter who's at the back

I actually think, that whilst we have the worst midfield in premiership history, it doesnt really matter who's at the back

Worst midfield in Premier League history? I think that's going a bit far.

Of course it does. Are you telling me it doesn't matter whether we've got Herd or Vlaar at the back?

Need some experienced heads back and a experienced leader with some ball control in the middle.

Chances of staying up is all down to form

Liverpool form we will be ok

Xmas form.... Down

It will be nip and tuck