Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Doing really well? We were horrendous against Reading (our easiest game of the season) and were lucky to win. Those first 80 minutes were as bad as I've seen from us in terms of attacking. We collapsed against Man United, stuffed by man City, got lucky against Liverpool. We barely created anything against Stoke or Arsenal and could have easily lost to QPR. We werent doing really well. We rode our luck and and had one great win.

Our tactics are shit. We have slowly gotten more and more route one because as has been our problem for a decade, we have no creativity in the centre of midfield and dont have players to take people on in this position. In other words, if a team is set up well defensively, we are in trouble. Under MON our biggest problem was exactly this. If a mediocre team came to VP and went 1-0 up it was a big worry. We would look clueless in trying to break them down. Most of best results under MON were away victories. Anyway, the point is nothing has changed.

Doing really well? We were horrendous against Reading (our easiest game of the season) and were lucky to win. Those first 80 minutes were as bad as I've seen from us in terms of attacking. We collapsed against Man United, stuffed by man City, got lucky against Liverpool. We barely created anything against Stoke or Arsenal and could have easily lost to QPR. We werent doing really well. We rode our luck and and had one great win.

Our tactics are shit. We have slowly gotten more and more route one because as has been our problem for a decade, we have no creativity in the centre of midfield and dont have players to take people on in this position. In other words, if a team is set up well defensively, we are in trouble. Under MON our biggest problem was exactly this. If a mediocre team came to VP and went 1-0 up it was a big worry. We would look clueless in trying to break them down. Most of best results under MON were away victories. Anyway, the point is nothing has changed.

yet we aren't in the bottom three, go figure

So who are those? At least people who are worried will actually point to things as evidence for their opinions. Which is a hell of lot more reasoned than the counter argument of everything will be just fine.

For the 4th time in a couple of days you have ignored a genuine, calm, reasoned post explaining my view on things and taken a tiny bit of text out of context.

Very sad individual.

So what now headless chicken people ? if us getting beat at home by Wigan is a disaster then us drawing away at Swansea is a triumph is it ? And for Swansea, failing to hammer the awful Villa is a disaster is it ? So Laudrup to get sacked now ?

No, it doesn't make much sense to react game by gane does it ?

Calm and reasoned?

yet we aren't in the bottom three, go figure

Is that because we are doing 'really well' or that other teams are thankfully doing worse?

Just done the BBC predictor and had us finishing on 35 points.

This might just be enough!!

Personally I couldn't predict any games this season. I think we are going to be so hot and cold for the remainder of the season, lose to poor teams and get a result where we wouldn't expect one.

I've tried to be positive and have the 'surely we can't always play shit' mentality but I've lost all hope, I think we're going down with Southampton and Reading. I reckon Harry will pull his finger out and get them to perform just in time.

The next 4 league games are important and games where we can build momentum and get some distance between us and the bottom 3. Saints at home, WBA away, Newcastle at home and West Ham at home.

I think we will need to win 3 out of those 4 games to stand a chance of staying up

Can't see it happening

no, it's because we have more points than four other teams in the league

But that wasn't what you were disagreeing with.

We all know where we are in the league. But we're not out the bottom 3 because of how well we're doing. It's actually worse than last season. We're out the bottom three because even though we're currently worse than last year there are other teams who are worse or performing at an equally abysmal level.

Personally I couldn't predict any games this season. I think we are going to be so hot and cold for the remainder of the season, lose to poor teams and get a result where we wouldn't expect one.

I've tried to be positive and have the 'surely we can't always play shit' mentality but I've lost all hope, I think we're going down with Southampton and Reading. I reckon Harry will pull his finger out and get them to perform just in time.

Not a chance. If they lose tonight they will have 10 points from 21 games, meaning they'll probably have to take at least 26/28 points from their remaining 17 games. Also, their goal difference is dreadful (almost as bad as ours).

I think we will need to win 3 out of those 4 games to stand a chance of staying up

Can't see it happening

How strange. If we got 9 points from those 4 games that would virtually see us safe. Edited by Mantis

But that wasn't what you were disagreeing with.

What?

A poster was basically saying how shite we were , I said that we weren't in the bottom 3 and you asked why that was.

It is because we have more points than 4 teams below us. ie. we are doing better than those 4 teams

I think it's definetly 3 from us, Wigan, reading, Southampton and QPR. Don't see another team going down.

Wigan have shown in the past they can do enough to survive, so they worry me.

I think Southampton might just have enough in their team so they worry me.

I think QPR have been abysmal but some quality signings may see them improve. They don't really worry me but I'm not going to write them off.

Reading are just as shit if not worse than us in terms of quality. Not really worried by them although they make end up showing more fight and belief than ourselves towards the end of the season. That's the only way I can see them being a threat to our survival.

It's going to be extremely close.

What?

A poster was basically saying how shite we were , I said that we weren't in the bottom 3 and you asked why that was.

It is because we have more points than 4 teams below us. ie. we are doing better than those 4 teams

Well why the go figure comment? It seemed like you were trying to add something else to the argument. I apologise if I've interpreted something that wasn't meant.

Well why the go figure comment? It seemed like you were trying to add something else to the argument. I apologise if I've interpreted something that wasn't meant.

My glass is half full. So instead of it being "we are only out of the bottom three because there are teams worse than us" for me it is "we are out of the bottom three because we are doing better than 4 other teams"

My glass is half full. So instead of it being "we are only out of the bottom three because there are teams worse than us" for me it is "we are out of the bottom three because we are doing better than 4 other teams"

This. And I'm confident that come the end of the season we will have done better than at least 6 or 7 other teams.