Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Just watching the highlights.

We should have been 4-0 down after 11 minutes.

Not could but should.

And people are going to come and mock people who are still worried?

Crazy.

Our game at Swansea was only one example of how poor we are at the moment.

Our defeat at home to Wigan where we were outplayed and outclassed by a poor team that had a new arsehole ripped for them at home themselves today.

To be a worse team than Wigan is the pits!

Our game at Swansea was only one example of how poor we are at the moment.

Our defeat at home to Wigan where we were outplayed and outclassed by a poor team that had a new arsehole ripped for them at home themselves today.

To be a worse team than Wigan is the pits!

By the team that we narrowly lose to when we had Gabby and Vlaar fit.

Yes, football's a funny old game and I still maintained we'll stay up. Can't emphasise how important our next 2 home league games are though!

Do you think that we are a better team than Wigan at the moment bearing in mind what happened to us at the weekend?

do you think we are a better team than Liverpool bearing in mind what we did to them two weeks ago?
  • Like 2

It isn't a question of mockery from my side - I simply feel that there are too many fans - both of this and other Clubs - who (a) think that in some way - because they play CM or whatever - are better judges of players (and even who is gettable FFS)than Managers, (B) appear to think they know the mind of the owner, and © base and alter judgements of our prospects on small amounts of information (in the scheme of things) succumbing to the 'want it now' society.

I certainly wouldn't criticise anyone for expressing worry, - although I am not worried myself - but it is far far worse than that.

Is it mockery to state and restate this in a variety of ways, and is it wrong to wish and hope for a Club where the Manager is given respect and time to do his job ? What I mock (and make no excuses for it )is those who thrash about like headless chickens when things don't go our way.

If we are so appalling, so incredibly horibly bad, such a travesty of a football side, such that all this wailing and gnashing of teeth is justified, how is it that we are - after half a year - just a few points off half way and in a cup semi-final ?

That is the issue for me. We are averaging just less than a point a game half a year into a huge rebuilding job, from a low base. The six or so teams above us are averaging fractionally OVER a poitn a game - it is hairs breadth stuff and the mass criticism is unwarranted.

• Like 2

Wigan losing Kone to the ACON will help us as he has been very good for them.Hopefully we can get some players back and peform well in the next to cup games before Soton which is a massive game now.

Just watching the highlights.

We should have been 4-0 down after 11 minutes.

Not could but should.

And people are going to come and mock people who are still worried?

Crazy.

No we shouldn't have been 4-0 down after 11 minutes. Hitting the post counts for nothing except one added to the 'shots off target' statistic.

We could have been four down but we could have equalised against Wigan when Holman hit the bar. Does that mean we should have gone in level?

Quite concerned about the Southampton game.. they looked quite a physical team against Arsenal & of course were one of the many sides to hammer us this season at theirs... Just watched the Swansea game & thought we looked a shambles frankly. You can see why we keep getting hammered thats for sure. Still like the look of Benteke & Weimann but as for the rest? Our defending is frankly embarrassing & was summed up well by the analyst on Football First as being akin to playing around manikins! Good point though which just about keeps us alive for now but this transfer window is crucial.

So its come to this, being glad that other shit relegation fodder teams are going to be missing key players.

Seriously the Swansea game was a miracle. Forget Michu hitting the post the first time, if Guzan hadnt pulled off that wonder save onto the post, we would have been demolished. What really scares me is that after a great unbeaten run we do as badly as its possible to do for three straight games. It would have been four at Swansea taken their chances. That's frightening. I mean you could have literally put a monkey in charge for those games and the team wouldnt have lost 0-8, 0-4 and 0-3.

We all thought it was a means to an end, constant improvement and then it explodes in our face. If we got a couple of games with decent results, is it going to explode again? I dont even know what to make of Lambert right now. All I can go on is what I see. And what I see is...

Mostly poor signings

Ineffective tactics

Ineffective subs

Rubbish football

Low possession stats

Abysmal defending

It's not looking good atm for his long-term future. I hope I get proved wrong.

• Like 1

before the swansea game i'd have given my right bollock for a point, gutted it wasn't 3 but woudl have been daylight robbery i suppose.

yes we were pants shittingly poor for the first 15 mins, then we stopped inviting them to go 1 and 1 with guzan and started to get more of a grip. the weimann goal was an amazing assist and finish even if squarely against the run of play. second half though we gave a much better showing.

give the lads a bit of a break, we have a massive injury list, and the first 15 mins or so against swansea was all about their fragile confidence levels after the drubbings. second half we got a good response (love to know what lambert said at half time) and hopefully the worst is now over. we'll start getting some players out of the treatment room and back on the pitch, along with a couple of good signings and we can get back on track with the rebuilding of our club.

i still don't think we'll go down, but the wigan result was a tragedy.

Edited by romavillan

So its come to this, being glad that other shit relegation fodder teams are going to be missing key players.

Seriously the Swansea game was a miracle. Forget Michu hitting the post the first time, if Guzan hadnt pulled off that wonder save onto the post, we would have been demolished. What really scares me is that after a great unbeaten run we do as badly as its possible to do for three straight games. It would have been four at Swansea taken their chances. That's frightening. I mean you could have literally put a monkey in charge for those games and the team wouldnt have lost 0-8, 0-4 and 0-3.

We all thought it was a means to an end, constant improvement and then it explodes in our face. If we got a couple of games with decent results, is it going to explode again? I dont even know what to make of Lambert right now. All I can go on is what I see. And what I see is...

Mostly poor signings

Ineffective tactics

Ineffective subs

Rubbish football

Low possession stats

Abysmal defending

A massive over-reaction to three very bad results

Mostly poor signings - NO - Guzan, Westwood, Benteke, Lowton and Vlaar all look decent and good value for money. Bennett has not had long enough to judge, Bowery has been bought for the future only KEA has looked doubtful so far

PL inheirited a terrible squad and has a long job on his hands to turn things around - keep the faith

• Like 1

Mostly poor signings

Ineffective tactics

Ineffective subs

Rubbish football

Low possession stats

Abysmal defending

In the last 4 games yes... but before that we were doing really well.

In the last 4 games yes... but before that we were doing really well.

Come now, we weren't doing REALLY well! We all got carried away with a couple of good results against Norwich and Liverpool (the latter in retrospect a bit fortunate) but before that the sequence had been Arsenal H 0-0, Reading H 1-0, QPR A 1-1, Stoke H 0-0. And prior to that our league form had produced 9 points from 12 games.

This was hardly tearing up trees and I would be interested to know which bit of that sequence justifies the terms "really well".

)is those who thrash about like headless chickens when things don't go our way.

So who are those? At least people who are worried will actually point to things as evidence for their opinions. Which is a hell of lot more reasoned than the counter argument of everything will be just fine.

I was at the game yesterday and can honestly say that the young defence was dreadful for 30 mins, then, because they realised they weren't 3-0 down for example they got some shape back into them. Clark was captain yesterday but was ripped to pieces by Routledge and Michu, he lacks the experience to be captain and it showed yesterday.

I have no doubt Clark will be decent in the future but all of them were all over the place for most of the game to be honest.

2nd half we were much better, held shape at the back, got tighter, less mistakes and didn't play as many stupid balls. Don't get me wrong it was still pretty poor but a massive improvement from the 1st half.

There were people calling for Lamberts head after 15 mins yesterday which is just mental. What other side can he pick that would do better??

He is desperately short of players, my only criticism is why he hasn't brought back loans to the club no matter how bad they are, I guess that because it would lower confidence of those playing.