Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I know it's all relative and things are tight and can change drastically after one game but, like Richard said, and I'm sure others have said it (I'm saying it now :D well I'm writing it)

We're not in the bottom three, at the moment yes, but we're not and in actual fact, rarely have been this season.

And yes, the reason for that may be there's been three or four worse teams than us but that's the whole point of not getting relegated.

This is a work in progress team with massive deficiencies, especially the midfield, but it's a product of three managers in three seasons and now a new manager trying to rebuild from the very foundation.

This season was always going to be a bumpy ride and we've just begun a crucial January but as long as there are three worse teams than us this season things are 'really fine' as the big man would say.

A fall from grace? Yes, but you'd have to be very stupid to not accept that's where we are now, attempting to improve from an embryonic footing.

• Like 1

We need to win 5 homes games at least. Then a few away draws.

Winnable home games IMO:

Southampton

Newcastle

West Ham

QPR

Fulham

Snderland

well home or away 3 points is 3 points, we need to win 6 and draw 3 to get to 40 points. to add to your list of winnable home games i'd say these away games are winnable...

Reading

Stoke

Norwich

Wigan

..added to your list that's 10 winnable games, without even counting our prospects in the other 7 matches i think we can get 6 wins and a few draws out of that lot.

i think we have chances to win some of the other ones though too, look at the liverpool result, why can't we do that again?

But that wasn't what you were disagreeing with.

We all know where we are in the league. But we're not out the bottom 3 because of how well we're doing. It's actually worse than last season. We're out the bottom three because even though we're currently worse than last year there are other teams who are worse or performing at an equally abysmal level.

And if there's still 3 worse teams than us come the end of the season then we'd of stayed up.

I think we will need to win 3 out of those 4 games to stand a chance of staying up

Can't see it happening

Why do you feel we need to win three of those four to stand a chance of staying up?? Does the season finish mid-February this year?

• Like 1

3 of which are home games we really need to win our home games

We cannot afford to **** up anymore and lose 3 - 0 at home to sides around us in the table

We will not get lucky every week with other results going our way its inevitable that other teams around us will start to pick up points

QPR beating Chelsea - 10 mins left

thanks again chelsea.

QPR has been improving the last few weeks. next game against southampton is a must win for us. the loss against wigan will cost us dearly if we don't start to pick up points soon

Good news is that newcastle is performing awfully and are about to lose their topscorer. Hopefully we can get ahead of them.

Reading, Wigan, Southampton, Newcastle are the teams I'd say will be battling relegation with us. QPR is a question mark

Is relegation a possibility? Certainly, but I do not think anyone is saying that relegation is out of the question.

What helps me sleep at night is I think the first half of the season went as poorly as it could have and we still are not in the bottom three at the half way point. If we even improve a little bit - with hopefully some new signings and Vlaar coming back from injury - we have a decent chance at staying up.

You can call it optimism if you want to, but I can also tell you to **** off :).

Edited by Raymond

Reading, Wigan, Southampton, Newcastle are the teams I'd say will be battling relegation with us. QPR is a question mark

Sunderland are not any good either. Why does nobody talk about them as relegation material? MON love?

thanks again chelsea.

QPR has been improving the last few weeks. next game against southampton is a must win for us. the loss against wigan will cost us dearly if we don't start to pick up points soon

Good news is that newcastle is performing awfully and are about to lose their topscorer. Hopefully we can get ahead of them.

I think you can add Sunderland's name to that list whilst Fulham, Norwich and West Ham can't afford a run of defeats.

Is relegation a possibility? Certainly, but I do not think anyone is saying that relegation is out of the question.

What helps me sleep at night is I think the first half of the season went as poorly as it could have and we still are not in the bottom three at the half way point. If we even improve a little bit - with hopefully some new signings and Vlaar coming back from injury - we have a decent chance at staying up.

You can call it optimism if you want to, but I can also tell you to **** off :).

Yeah - we were unbeatable with Vlaar and Clark at CB

Shocking result tonight, couldn't of predicted it if I wanted too and can see QPR getting something from their next 3 games (City and Spurs at home and think West Ham away) Still think its between us, Wigan, Newcastle and Sunderland to go down. Newcastle looking the most likely if they don't replace Ba (Newcastle's top scorer) though rumours they are after Remy

Edited by Avflife

Why dont we all calm down and wait to see what signings we make. Confident we will stay up. I know we have been through hell constantly for years, but this is going to be the medicine we need. We can and will improve. Let's have some faith, just once.

12th man. Us.