Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

It is interesting that on away games only we would be 11th, add to that the away victories against Swindon, Man City, and Norwich in the Cup (scoring 12 is it ?). That is a little unusual for a struggling side.

We've been dreadful at VP for ages.

So what now headless chicken people ? if us getting beat at home by Wigan is a disaster then us drawing away at Swansea is a triumph is it ? And for Swansea, failing to hammer the awful Villa is a disaster is it ? So Laudrup to get sacked now ?

No, it doesn't make much sense to react game by gane does it ?

If you think people have concerns based on one game or another then you are very much wrong.

Today's result was acceptable only because it is more than anyone expected but it did not make a significant difference to our situation.

Anyone's negative thoughts/opinions/comments are soundly based on three consecutive heavy defeats and a sensible realisation that even in the games like at Liverpool and today at Swansea it was a case of the opposition not taking a string of chances that let us get into the game and get results that, in the eyes of any independent honest observer, we did not deserve..

Obviously we can't do this on a regular basis and go shooting up the league on lucky wins and draws so the way to progress is through strengthening what is a very fragile team/squad.

Until this happens and there is evidence by way of results and points then people will rightly be concerned and react.

So what now headless chicken people ? if us getting beat at home by Wigan is a disaster then us drawing away at Swansea is a triumph is it ? And for Swansea, failing to hammer the awful Villa is a disaster is it ? So Laudrup to get sacked now ?

No, it doesn't make much sense to react game by gane does it ?

What an utterly stupid post.

Who really only reacts by each individual game? Anyone who is worried or unhappy has based those views on the majority of our games this season.

And listening to the game it sounded like it could well have of been another thumping.

I thought it would take a win before this kind of mocking popped up again. Some people are getting desperate I see.

I think our position is a positive. The fact we have been absolutely awful yet still arent in the relegation zone is more encouraging than the suicidal amongst us are making out

I fail to see how being 5th from bottom of the league and a point clear of the relegation zone with the worst goal difference in the league can be in anyway construed as positive.

I also doubt whether Lerner and Lambert are running around thinking that the situation is positive at the moment.

I fail to see how being 5th from bottom of the league and a point clear of the relegation zone with the worst goal difference in the league can be in anyway construed as positive.

I also doubt whether Lerner and Lambert are running around thinking that the situation is positive at the moment.

Read my full post. It highlights why I believe it to be positive - or at least a positive to work with.

We have been absolutely awful. The worst Villa team I have ever seen and arguably one of the worst premiership teams ever. Furthermore, we havent been helped injury wise. Yet we still stand above the drop zone with players coming back/hopefully in. Not as if we are adrift and needing miracles. Bar the Swansea game (h), its almost a miracle we've won any games, we have been that bad. The Reading game for example - Truly the most horrific performance I have ever seen a winning team have. As many have said, Liverpool could have been 3 up.

Id be more worried in Southamptons case: Playing well - yet not winning

I can see the viewpoint though. We have been awful this season, yet we are still 16th. Other clubs have been talked about positively by the media and, apart from straight after the Liverpool game, we have been constantly (rightly) criticised for being shit, yet we are still 16th.

The key now is for Lerner and Lambert to build on this very young squad. Failure to do that and we will have final confirmation of Lerners "plans" for this great club.

Read my full post. It highlights why I believe it to be positive - or at least a positive to work with.

We have been absolutely awful. The worst Villa team I have ever seen and arguably one of the worst premiership teams ever. Furthermore, we havent been helped injury wise. Yet we still stand above the drop zone with players coming back/hopefully in. Not as if we are adrift and needing miracles. Bar the Swansea game (h), its almost a miracle we've won any games, we have been that bad. The Reading game for example - Truly the most horrific performance I have ever seen a winning team have. As many have said, Liverpool could have been 3 up.

Id be more worried in Southamptons case: Playing well - yet not winning

Fair enough. I will admit that QPR and Reading look to be in dire straits but I think Wigan and Southampton are as likely to climb above us in January as they are to stay below us. It's that tight and we are very weak at the moment.

Fair enough. I will admit that QPR and Reading look to be in dire straits but I think Wigan and Southampton are as likely to climb above us in January as they are to stay below us. It's that tight and we are very weak at the moment.

Absolutely, don't get me wrong, Im shitting bricks but you have to look to the positives. Another one for me is how Lambert doesn't appear to be panicking. Could be misplaced confidence of course but I get the feeling there is genuine belief in what theyre trying to do from the whole camp.

QPR are the team that worry me the most tbh. I think they will win tomorrow and sign a load of players. Though I wouldnt write off a Norwich or a West Ham getting dragged into it just yet.

What an utterly stupid post.

Who really only reacts by each individual game? Anyone who is worried or unhappy has based those views on the majority of our games this season.

And listening to the game it sounded like it could well have of been another thumping.

I thought it would take a win before this kind of mocking popped up again. Some people are getting desperate I see.

For utterley ridiculous in action and people reacting game by game see the huge turnaround after the Wigan game. Even at the ground where fans who had cheered the Manager when losing 4-0 against Spurs were suddenly booing us off the pitch.

Equally see those who thought we were going to be world beaters after away at Liverpool.

And if you see it as 'mocking' to attempt to get peole to be balanced, supportive, and take a little long term approach you are even more misguided than I thought you were.

As for the majority of our games leading to these views - aside from Chelsea and Man City (who will inflict similar beatings elsewhere) Southampton, and Spurs, which are the truly terrible appalling results out of the 25 games we have played that lead to that view ?

And what is 'desparate' about being glad we secured a point when we were in a bad spell - particularly from you who says it is all about FACTS - yet suddenly bring in 'we only won because' type arguments.

See, so we can think you are 'ridiculous' too, ner ner.

Edited by terrytini

Absolutely, don't get me wrong, Im shitting bricks but you have to look to the positives. Another one for me is how Lambert doesn't appear to be panicking. Could be misplaced confidence of course but I get the feeling there is genuine belief in what theyre trying to do from the whole camp.

QPR are the team that worry me the most tbh. I think they will win tomorrow and sign a load of players. Though I wouldnt write off a Norwich or a West Ham getting dragged into it just yet.

QPR may well sign a load of players as they probably have a load of money. I don't think they will win tomorrow though as they are away at Chelsea and at the moment they are dire and Chelsea are winning regularly.

After the 1st goal went in today the commentator on BBC said we were in fir a hammering. I 100% beleived him yet every so often would check the score. Its called belief. A point is better than nothing but as stated above we are still in touch with 10th place even while we have been playing like a pub team.

A couple of midfielders and maybe a CB and we will be fine.

QPR may well sign a load of players as they probably have a load of money. I don't think they will win tomorrow though as they are away at Chelsea and at the moment they are dire and Chelsea are winning regularly.

Thought they were at home (local derby etc). My mistake.

For utterley ridiculous in action and people reacting game by game see the huge turnaround after the Wigan game. Even at the ground where fans who had cheered the Manager when losing 4-0 against Spurs were suddenly booing us off the pitch.

Equally see those who thought we were going to be world beaters after away at Liverpool.

And if you see it as 'mocking' to attempt to get peole to be balanced, supportive, and take a little long term approach you are even more misguided than I thought you were.

As for the majority of our games leading to these views - aside from Chelsea and Man City (who will inflict similar beatings elsewhere) Southampton, and Spurs, which are the truly terrible appalling results out of the 25 games we have played that lead to that view ?

And what is 'desparate' about being glad we secured a point when we were in a bad spell - particularly from you who says it is all about FACTS - yet suddenly bring in 'we only won because' type arguments.

See, so we can think you are 'ridiculous' too, ner ner.

Your posts just get worse.

The people you are attempting to mock, while we look an awful team I may add, are people who have expressed the same concerns throughout the whole season. Why would they change that view based on today?

As for the majority of games? You mean the ones were we average less than a point a game, score less than all teams and concede more. You mean those games? I love the way those who try to mock others actually have nothing but their blind optimism to back them up yet they continue to do so. Quite hilarious really.

Nothing desperate about being happy with a point, you just seem very desperate to have a go at anyone who hasn't been as thrilled as you. Pretty pathetic.

And you mention today's game like it was some sort of triumph. It's a good point after yet another disappointing performance. You can ignore that if you like but I think it would be pretty stupid to.

Keep trying to mock though. You obviously get some sort of pleasure from it.

While I agree with you in some places Woodytom (like being dreadful yet still being above the relegation zone) but we're not even close to being one of the worst Premier League teams ever. If we were, we'd be much lower than we are now.