Rino8

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Salah has not scored in open play in 11 finals now. Pretty shocking record for an elite player

Id still like one of our strikers match his seasonal goal scoring records every time though. 

Similar to Rooney internationally, nations leading scorer but never performed in the finals after qualification.

They should go all out to sign Son from Spurs as a replacement. he would be sick in that team, always felt like he is a player who deserves to win stuff, gets better and better every year and 29 years old so quite a few years left in him at this level. he seems very settled at spurs and in London so probably wouldnt be interested. Think his dad is his agent aswell and they are very dedicated to his career.

They want Ousmane Dembele as a Mane replacement.

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

They should go all out to sign Son from Spurs as a replacement. he would be sick in that team, always felt like he is a player who deserves to win stuff, gets better and better every year and 29 years old so quite a few years left in him at this level. he seems very settled at spurs and in London so probably wouldnt be interested. Think his dad is his agent aswell and they are very dedicated to his career.

I thought Diaz and Jota were purchased as part of the replacement programme for Firminho and Salah/Mane? Plus Carvalho has signed from Fulham. 

I'd be surprised if they spent big on another attacker. 

50 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why is there far more footage and media reporting of the Liverpool open top bus parade than Man City I wonder??

I think because no one really cares about Man City! Even their own fans couldn't be bothered to turn out! 

Liverpool, for all their bad points, are still a huge club and will garner more interest. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Why is there far more footage and media reporting of the Liverpool open top bus parade than Man City I wonder??

Because there were more than a dozen fans at the Liverpool one?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I thought Diaz and Jota were purchased as part of the replacement programme for Firminho and Salah/Mane? Plus Carvalho has signed from Fulham. 

I'd be surprised if they spent big on another attacker. 

With Origi gone  as well I'd be suprised if they didn't. 

4 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Ive never understood why no one has gone in for son? He can gi a much higher level than spurs

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive never understood why no one has gone in for son? He can gi a much higher level than spurs

3 years left on his contract, as important as Kane and Daniel Levy. Who’s spending ~£80m on a 29 year old?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No creepy agent to turn his eye and offer him 500k a week and 10 million sign on. Not that I think money really interests Son. But agents do have a huge influence on players leaving, as we know.

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

3 years left on his contract, as important as Kane and Daniel Levy. Who’s spending ~£80m on a 29 year old?

80m and he probably wins you a title or champions league. Worth it

Liverpool are at a crossroads now, they have had a really good season with no big trophies to show for it. Klopp signed on for longer but his team is getting older

Mane leaving is probably the player from the front 3 they dont want to lose. Salah will score vs the average teams but doesnt do it in the important games at all while Mane struggles more vs the smaller teams but will score the big goals. Firmino is near the end and I rate Jota but is inconsistent. After all the Diaz hype he is still in Carvajal pocket, a player that was finished a few months back. No goals in 3 finals this season

TAA is also a huge defensive issue, he was again at fault for a big Real Madrid goal. an English Ian Harte great on the ball but defensively dreadful

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool are at a crossroads now, they have had a really good season with no big trophies to show for it. Klopp signed on for longer but his team is getting older

Mane leaving is probably the player from the front 3 they dont want to lose. Salah will score vs the average teams but doesnt do it in the important games at all while Mane struggles more vs the smaller teams but will score the big goals. Firmino is near the end and I rate Jota but is inconsistent. After all the Diaz hype he is still in Carvajal pocket, a player that was finished a few months back. No goals in 3 finals this season

TAA is also a huge defensive issue, he was again at fault for a big Real Madrid goal. an English Ian Harte great on the ball but defensively dreadful

I can see Bellingham going there this summer. They can attract pretty much any name they want. If a player wants a move to the prem and Liverpool are interested, they’ll get their man, maybe only rivalled by Man City. They do need a refresh though or I doubt next season will be as successful (and I do think it was a successful season for them).

54 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I can see Bellingham going there this summer. They can attract pretty much any name they want. If a player wants a move to the prem and Liverpool are interested, they’ll get their man, maybe only rivalled by Man City. They do need a refresh though or I doubt next season will be as successful (and I do think it was a successful season for them).

If they went all out and bought Bellingham and splashes 80-100 on Son they'd win either the PL or CL or both.

Big if though. How much money is it to win either or both of those? Honest question - is it worth plowing the extra $$$$$ into it?

18 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Big if though. How much money is it to win either or both of those? Honest question - is it worth plowing the extra $$$$$ into it?

They seem to invest well, it wouldn’t just be the success for next season, it would be for the next few. Not sure Son is the right fit for them though. Bellingham would be. Henderson is running out of time, they want Milner to hang around to be a cheerleader. I’m surprised Mane wants to leave though. Maybe he can foresee a little decline and wants to go at their peak.

I don't think they can afford Bellingham, after losing Haaland dortmund would be reluctant to let him go and he'd be over £100m

From people I know that know his dad though they have apparently put the feelers out in the past

Spurs would price Son out a move too

Â