Rino8

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Is Mignolet that bad really? Makes a few mistakes but pulls off great saves as well.

I remember him being at fault for about 5 goals in our 6-1 rout of Sunderland, a few months later Liverpool signed him.

He hasn't improved.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Liverpool or West Ham? Cos Liverpool already have an error prone keeper who lets in a lot of soft goals, they don't need another one. 

Joe Hart is a great keeper.  Man City were bonkers to let him go in the first place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In what way isn't he?

Hart lets in a lot of soft goals (like Mignolet) at his near post or shots close to him that he gets a hand to. He also is prone to massive lapses in concentration that leads to him making stupid mistakes. He is very far from a 'great' keeper, great keepers are the Buffon's of this world, not the Joe Hart's. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Let's in a lot of soft goals especially at his near post, not very good at claiming crosses and technically flawed - he has this tendency to set his feet wide and bend down low in anticipation of a shot, meaning he gets beat by a lot of high shots because he starts off at too low of a level. 

He does have his good moments and has good reflexes meaning he makes some good saves from snap shots, headers etc (saves he makes instinctively) but I think he is an extremely flawed keeper and Liverpool need to get rid of him. 

Are we on about the same keeper?  He isn't at Liverpool...

...in any case, I think Hart would comfortably get ahead of most keepers in World football.  Definitely went through a spell of conceding soft goals (as has Lloris, De Gea, Courtois...) but overall he's a very good shot stopper and very adept at stopping one on ones.  Isn't great at commanding the area (although I think his communication is decent) so not "world class" but definitely a great keeper, for me.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Are we on about the same keeper?  He isn't at Liverpool...

...in any case, I think Hart would comfortably get ahead of most keepers in World football.  Definitely went through a spell of conceding soft goals (as has Lloris, De Gea, Courtois...) but overall he's a very good shot stopper and very adept at stopping one on ones.  Isn't great at commanding the area (although I think his communication is decent) so not "world class" but definitely a great keeper, for me.

No I misread and started talking about Mignolet. Editing my reply to talk about Hart.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hart had a terrible euros so cant call him  a great keeper.

Yeah, he did have a terrible Euros (in terms of 2 mistakes), but great keepers do make mistakes.  All keepers do.

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Irrespective of the different definitions of 'great' I think Hart is the best established keeper Liverpool could hope to sign this summer.

Butland?

Just now, BOF said:

Yeah.  I thought he was a good keeper.

He's had a stack of loans in the lower leagues and has been injured for a year :lol: 

Probably not Liverpool calibre at this stage.

Joe Hart would be an excellent fit at Liverpool IMO. He makes the odd rick but all keepers do. He'll win them far more points than he'll cost them. 

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Butland?

Bit of a gamble, he hasn't played in over a year since breaking his ankle.

I guess the other obvious option is Kasper Schmeichel but I don't think that is likely with the old family tie to United.

26 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Bit of a gamble, he hasn't played in over a year since breaking his ankle.

I guess the other obvious option is Kasper Schmeichel but I don't think that is likely with the old family tie to United.

I reckon Kasper will replace DdG when he finally goes back to Spain.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon Kasper will replace DdG when he finally goes back to Spain.

My guess to replace DDG would be Lloris. 

• Like 1

Â