Rino8

hahaha... just saw this on RAWK, in a thread titlled "Where is it going wrong?"

Pepe - hailed as the best in world a few years ago

Johnson - lauded as the best rightback in the league and one of best in the world.

Skrtel - after one good season he is now consîdered one if the best centre backs in the league.

Agger - hailed as world class when fit. He is fit most of the time now. Skrtel and Agger are claimed to be the best centre back partnership in the league.

Lucas - best holding midfielder in the league and one of the best in Europe.

Gerrard - The greatest Liverpool player ever.

Allen - could play for Barcelona, the next Xavi.

Sterling - the hottest prospect in years

Suarez - best player in the league, one of the best players in the world

Allen the next Xavi :S

Johnson one of the best fullbacks in the world? haha

• Like 1

I'd say he is up there. He would certainly get in most peoples all time Liverpool XI, probably alongside Souness.

I'd also be quite surprised to see Huntelaar sign for anybody in January, let alone Liverpool. He can get much higher wages if he waits six months and leaves Schalke on a Bosman.

Schalke on the other hand are going to want to keep hold of him because any transfer fee they might get for a 29 year old with six months left on his contract and is cup tied in Europe probably isnt worth it for them, especially when they are still in the Champions League and in the running for another top four finish in the Bundesliga.

The irony is, the answer to the question "What's going wrong?" is contained within the guy's post.

Nothing's going wrong. The fact that they have this huge overinflated opinion of their average squad is what makes them think something's going wrong.

Well Liverpool players celebrated their great performance yesterday by having a party round at Gerrard's house, it went on until at least 8am and Joe Allen was so drunk he was physically carried out into a taxi, he couldn't walk, not just wobbly legs, he was out for the count

Says it all really....... No respect mi Lord!

(Taxi Drivers nightmare when people are so drunk their limbs no longer function at all - I took a kitchen porter home once who resembled the dying fly on the

back seat. Literally paralysis had set in laid out on the seat with his legs & arms up in the air all the way back to the posh hote in Borrowdale)

Madness getting that drunk for anyone if you ask me - but for a professional footballer - especially after getting beat at home like that - it's just not right.

I'd drink heavily if I just got shafted by Benteke too.

Yes shafted indeed - Aptly demonstrated by Skrtel's completely undisguised shove of Benteke into the boards as the very last act of the game.

Nice!

To be fair to Steven Gerrard, he is probably the 2nd best liverpool player of all time, behind Dalglish.

100 players who shook the kop voted for by scouse season ticket holders, he came 2nd, so that comment is not too far off. But the Allen and Johnson comments are laughable.

Will say this here because the other thread was locked but I think Raheem Sterling is so overrated and really don't think he will ever be better than an average PL player.

I have to agree with you. I think he's good but incredibly overrated. He really doesn't do much other than keep it simple, not really worth wanking over.

Â