Rino8

O.K I actually think this is the best 11 Wenger has assembled since about 2007 so I don't see them falling out of the top 4 under his remaining tenure which is probably another two years.

Of course they could well have a Moyes style meltdown once he goes purely as he's been there so long.

Way I look at it best thing that could happen to the prem is to cup CL places to 3. I say that as the two Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea all need CL football to sustain themselves as powerhouses. Any of them miss out for a year or two and suddenly their star players will start getting restless and want to leave which leads to decline in performances, poorer replacements and a general decline. That and poorer management appointments like Moyes which Arsenal could be at risk at.

If one or two of them drop down to 6th and 7th that gives a chance for some of the lesser sides to start to compete at the top.

O.K I actually think this is the best 11 Wenger has assembled since about 2007 so I don't see them falling out of the top 4 under his remaining tenure which is probably another two years.

Of course they could well have a Moyes style meltdown once he goes purely as he's been there so long.

Way I look at it best thing that could happen to the prem is to cup CL places to 3. I say that as the two Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea all need CL football to sustain themselves as powerhouses. Any of them miss out for a year or two and suddenly their star players will start getting restless and want to leave which leads to decline in performances, poorer replacements and a general decline. That and poorer management appointments like Moyes which Arsenal could be at risk at.

If one or two of them drop down to 6th and 7th that gives a chance for some of the lesser sides to start to compete at the top.

That's the exact opposite of what will happen. When there are 3 teams, it will become as difficult for anyone else to finish in the top 3 as it now is to finish in the top 4. You're right, one of the top 4 is at risk if they stay out of the top 3 for a number of seasons - Arsenal and Chelsea are at the most risk IMO - but it will make the less competitive and move those at the top even further away. Essentially, the PL will start to look like La Liga. 

I don't believe the myth for a second that the DOF or Transfer committee spends tens of millions of pounds on players without the manager being in the loop. Makes absolutely no sense.

spurs and sunderland. Pretty sure their managers had close to no say in recent years. AVB was pissed off iirc because spurs wouldnt bring the players he wanted in with bale money. Also think sunderland DOF (or previous one) took a lot of blame aswell for their recruitment

noway do managers make 90% of decisions when theyve got a DOF. thats the whole point of having a DOF (or transfer commitee).

Edited by gharperr

Â