Rino8

tbh hes gonna be round better attacking players to learn from.if he was to stop all the mesding about and concentrate on progressing his football i can see city making a profit on him

then the ridicilous fee they paid wont be as bad

My issue with it they could have bought better for less but not English, they've bought him solely because he's English, the hype surrounding him has already made him a word removed, can't see it getting any better

I think he needs a lot of work to fulfill his potential

To be fair though he's one of the few long term plans for city, who IMO target quick fixes, they'll win the league, go quiet, overhaul the squad every 3/4 years with their previous model, they should get 10 years out of sterling but then they should have got 10 years out of nastasic, jovetic etc

could have bought somebody like Shawcross about 12 million and spent Sterling cash on a top quality player

also no team in sport has such a terrible transfer policy since City won the league in 2012, except Fernandinho they have bought really really poorly

People threatening Sterling's daughter on twitter. Stay classy Liverpool fans.

Dirty Scum bags

how can they even react like that.49 mill for a player who had a poor season and doesnt wanna be there and was in media for wrong reason

hope he excells at city and gets a prem winners medal after doing the double over them

• Like 1

Yeah I saw a tweet last night that said something like sleep with one eye open and make sure you hug your daughter a little bit tighter tonight

What the **** is wrong with some people

no doubt they'll be tracked down and the filth will appear in court in his adidas hooded sweater

They only held out for such a huge fee as they are trying to push the Andy Carroll transfer further down the record table

Pound for pound that has to go down as one of the worst transfers in the history of the Premier League.

£50mill Torres?

I'm pretty sure Fernando Torres is one of the most successful footballers in the history of the game.

Yes but Torres was on the decline when Liverpool sold him. Sterling can only get better.

still a key player in a side that won champions league, Europa League, Fa Cup and the European championships with Spain. Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Yes but Torres was on the decline when Liverpool sold him. Sterling can only get better.

still a key player in a side that won champions league, Europa League, Fa Cup and the European championships with Spain.

He didn't say he wasn't successful post Liverpool clearly he was but he was also clearly on the decline as a player after Liverpool sold him and perhaps even before.

They only held out for such a huge fee as they are trying to push the Andy Carroll transfer further down the record table

Pound for pound that has to go down as one of the worst transfers in the history of the Premier League.

£50mill Torres?

That was obviously very bad too but I think he showed a bit more at Chelsea relative to price compared to Carroll.

I don't really understand why City are doing this.

'Cause they can. They were 8 points adrift from winning the title last season. If Sterling and other new signings can get them another 3 wins then they're worth every penny. 

The margins are pretty tight throughout the league, but in order to close points at the top you've got to spend what it takes. Is he worth £49 million as a player? Of course not. If he helps City win the title? - he's repaid a good chunk of the fee.

Plus, being young, he'll have a high resale value irrespective of how he does.

• Like 1

'Cause they can. They were 8 points adrift from winning the title last season. If Sterling and other new signings can get them another 3 wins then they're worth every penny.

The margins are pretty tight throughout the league, but in order to close points at the top you've got to spend what it takes. Is he worth £49 million as a player? Of course not. If he helps City win the title? - he's repaid a good chunk of the fee.

I don't know if they can anymore with FFP.

But I guess there's always a way around that for the big boys

• Like 1

Their commercial revenue must be at an all time peak and there's always the iffy link between sponsor / owner.

TV deal, champs league, prize money for finishing second plus maybe a couple of player sales means it shouldn't be a problem for them in isolation.

If they try to bring a couple more similarly priced players however, I'm sure there would be an issue.

The Arabs like to flex their muscles when they can, so rest assured they won't be batting an eyelid at the cost of this deal. Boosts the ego if anything. One must also assume that the management aren't too worried about Liverpool spending the money too wisely either.

FFP is basically dead.  UEFA lifted sanctions on City and PSG at the start of June, by the end of June a court ruling had blocked UEFA from implementing a new phase (stricter limits) of FFP.   It's going to the European Court of Justice at some point and I think the clubs will win. The signings of Bony and Sterling hint that Manchester City feel the same way. FFP was set up by the incumbent powers to stop new blood like Man City and PSG from taking their place at the top table of European football. It's anti competitive and it's probably illegal. 

• Like 2

Â