Rino8

they still need a goalkeeper, 2 centre halfs, a left back and a centre midfielder. midfield of Milner, Lucas and Hendeson will give you all but lack the guile

Think you've forgotten about Philipps Coutinho.

Besides as we've seen Benteke can make his own chances.

problem for them is getting the ball to him. They have too many cloggers at the back

Brilliant attackers in Coutinho, Firmino and Benteke and then Skrtel, Toure and Lovren at the back. what a contrast

Lovren will surely have a better season than last. and to be fair they didn't have any problems getting the ball to Suarez did they. If they are anywhere near that level and i don't think they will be, they will walk top 4. 

Lovren is a good defender who had a poor season, he is still a good player and he will be better for having Clyne alongside him at full back.

I think Skrtel is a decent defender as well but they do need another decent CB.

Not buying the line about them struggling to get the ball to the forwards though, sorry.

Suarez was different though, he was a menace constantly in the defenders faces. Dont think Benteke or Ings is that type of player, Balotelli certainly isnt

Suarez harassment of defenders was probably worth at least 10-12 goals to Liverpool

Lovren is a good defender who had a poor season, he is still a good player and he will be better for having Clyne alongside him at full back.

Not buying the line about them struggling to get the ball to the forwards though, sorry.

mybe im clutching at straws but I hope for the good of football im right and your wrong ;)

mybe im clutching at straws but I hope for the good of football im right and your wrong ;)

Nothing would make me happier than being wrong :)

they still need a goalkeeper, 2 centre halfs, a left back and a centre midfielder. midfield of Milner, Lucas and Hendeson will give you all but lack the guile

They'll line up like this imo:

Milner        Henderson

Lallana      Firmino         Coutinho

Benteke

Not bad but I think the fixture list handicaps them as they have a very tough 8-9 away games, they'll struggle to win many of them and that will put pressure on them to keep winning at home to keep pace with other top 4 teams and we've seen before Liverpool struggle to break down teams at home, we never lose there anymore as an example.

I don't see Rodgers lasting the season tbh once the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea and Arsenal ride off in the distance which would amuse me given Benteke gave that as one of the reasons for joining.

Lovren will surely have a better season than last. and to be fair they didn't have any problems getting the ball to Suarez did they. If they are anywhere near that level and i don't think they will be, they will walk top 4. 

Who misses out you reckon...Chelsea and Arsenal are locks, Man. City increasingly so aswell these days and probably have another major signing like De Bruyne up their sleeves and Man. United were awful for half a season and yet still finished top 4 and have significantly strengthened central midfield.

I think the issue now in PL is this season the top 5 will be miles ahead of 6-8th as I just can't see Spurs keeping up with those squads and no one else will seriously challenge.

MIlner fitting right in with his delusions

"Even Messi would struggle to replace Stevie for what he's done for Liverpool over the years. What he's done on and off the field, as a player and as a captain, as a person, he's been amazing. It's a big void to fill but I'm sure as a team we can do that."

Sturridge in for lallana, will be interesting how they line up the 2 Brazilians

They've given themselves a problem, front 3 from 4 players who will all want to start, plus then another 4/5 not getting games

And then they desperately need a better keeper, much like mertesacker at arsenal, he's not that bad a defender, but when a CB has no confidence in the keeper behind him they start to look shakey, agree Loren can't be as bad, still waiting for skrtel to be ground out as the dirty cheat that he is and Sakho was ok last year, their left back was shite too, position ally weak and couldn't track runs

More than anything else though I'm still convinced that teams in the top 4 get worse and drop out rather than the team in 5th / 6th get better and overtake them, don't see any of the top 4 dropping out this season

Sturridge is already out until October so looks like another 10 game season. Excellent finisher but looks like Rodgers has at least learnt his lesson from last season not to rely on him being fit and I imagine he'll be sub to Benteke.

I think Benteke will do well there but not enough to stop Rodgers getting sacked by Christmas and Klopp comes in to push them to 5th. Benteke under Klopp could be magnificent.

MIlner fitting right in with his delusions

"Even Messi would struggle to replace Stevie for what he's done for Liverpool over the years. What he's done on and off the field, as a player and as a captain, as a person, he's been amazing. It's a big void to fill but I'm sure as a team we can do that."

I think they probably get media trained to be deluded, praise Stevie, talk of liverpool as a famiy, a special club, no fans like them, they must do.

Â