Rino8

Sterling to City has become the 12th most expensive transfer of all time. This is a player who has won no major honours, no personal honours, a goal every 5 and a half appearances for a player that he sees himself as a striker (23 in 129 apps), and 1 goal in 16 appearances for his country. If this transfer is just for a tick in the homegrown box, we could have sold them Weimann for a twentieth of that price! (28 goals in 148 apps and none in 13 for his country)

Liverpool have well and truly pulled City's pants down here- a ridiculous fee for a slightly better than average player. As someone mentioned earlier it is SWP all over again.

• Like 2

I'd be amazed if many people remember him in about five years time. He'll consider himself lucky if he ends up in the MLS. It's not just the fact I don't particularly rate him as a player, but it's the fact his attitude clearly stinks too.   

• Like 1

i don't know, I think he's a major young talent myself and we may see him blossom at City.  Aguero may raise Sterlings game the way Suarez did at liverpool

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 3

City need to walk away from one of these deals if they don want to get taken to the cleaners everytime. If they just keep throwing more and more money then what do they expect.

If it was say a Man Utd or Arsenal with £35m on the table they would be mad to say no. City will keep adding zeros until you say yes (not literally obviously...)

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

If City win the league in the next few seasons and he plays a big part. Will it be money well spent then?

if he plays the part you would expect he would then possibly

with man citys attack if he can hit double figures with assists n possibly goals too and a prem league winners medal then yeah

If City win the league in the next few seasons and he plays a big part. Will it be money well spent then?

with man citys attack if he can hit double figures with assists n possibly goals too and a prem league winners medal then yeah

I think he will achieve this.

I think he will achieve this.
as you said earlier..being English i hope he does for our Euros sake[emoji4]

I don't understand what he has done to be worth that sort of money?

Be English. Even I'd probably be worth a couple hundred thousand and I've only played about 45 minutes of football in the last 5 years.

Interesting signing.

Sterling's got some good qualities but whether he can become elite and impact at later stages of say champions league like Bale I'm not convinced.

The money is ridiculous but that's just the vast majority of fees in the English game really.

yes of course but he was poorly advised. Next season all he has to concern himself with is what he does  on the pitch and he's playing with far better players so I'll think he will do pretty well. i agree 49 mil is crazy money for a 20 year old who hasn't really done that much. 

• Like 1

I'd be amazed if many people remember him in about five years time. He'll consider himself lucky if he ends up in the MLS. It's not just the fact I don't particularly rate him as a player, but it's the fact his attitude clearly stinks too.   

This 100% well overhyped player.... I thought the Wilshere love in was bad.... Sterlings love in is on a complete different level and only really started when he moved to Liverdole, the team all the papers have an absolute wankfest about all of the time.

For me he will probably get a bit better than he is now, but that will still be nowhere near the "World Class" title a lot of people seem to give him, i think he is just a speed merchant, his touch is ok, shooting is dire, crossing is average. Maybe i am completely missing something but no matter how hard i look i jus dont see the hype.

• Like 1

Â