Rino8

49 million! You are having a laugh! Vastly overpriced! Big deal he can run fast ( runs like a girl tho) and scores some goals.... The media think we are trying extort Liverpool over Benteke yet Liverpool have just mugged Man City. But you have to remember Liverpool are the victims. ... held to ransom over a big baby and held to ransom by Villa.... Can't stand the club and i can't stand the fans they do deserve each other!

i don't know, I think he's a major young talent myself and we may see him blossom at City.  Aguero may raise Sterlings game the way Suarez did at liverpool

Hasn't he got better stats than Ronaldo and Messi at the same age and I think I read he was second only to Hazard in chances created, dribbles and forward passes in the final 3rd in the last 2 seasons.

In the same way the media over hyped him they now want to pull him down and he is now not that good because he wants to leave Liverppol.

He is 20 years old and at times is superb. But yes he does run funny and has bad touches. Personally I think he is very effective and will be instantly better with and because of Silva and Aguero.

Still over priced for a cocky petulant child.

There's mental 'open letter' to sterling in the mirror

after Rafa Benitez and Frank McParland had brought you to Liverpool's Academy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/open-letter-raheem-sterling-liverpool-6054005

Sterling was signed by dalglish, a mere 2 years after"rafa" had left.

No, he wasn't. He was one of a shit ton of kids scouted out and brought to the club when Rafael overhauled their entire youth setup.

There's mental 'open letter' to sterling in the mirror

after Rafa Benitez and Frank McParland had brought you to Liverpool's Academy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/open-letter-raheem-sterling-liverpool-6054005

Sterling was signed by dalglish, a mere 2 years after"rafa" had left.

No, he wasn't. He was one of a shit ton of kids scouted out and brought to the club when Rafael overhauled their entire youth setup.

Still, mental letter though, eh?

I hope he wins the league with City next season and scores a hat trick in front of the Kop. He's not handled the transfer saga brilliantly but Liverpool are very very good at playing the jealous ex girlfriend.

• Like 3

I'd be amazed if many people remember him in about five years time. He'll consider himself lucky if he ends up in the MLS. It's not just the fact I don't particularly rate him as a player, but it's the fact his attitude clearly stinks too.   

This 100% well overhyped player.... I thought the Wilshere love in was bad.... Sterlings love in is on a complete different level and only really started when he moved to Liverdole, the team all the papers have an absolute wankfest about all of the time.

For me he will probably get a bit better than he is now, but that will still be nowhere near the "World Class" title a lot of people seem to give him, i think he is just a speed merchant, his touch is ok, shooting is dire, crossing is average. Maybe i am completely missing something but no matter how hard i look i jus dont see the hype.

Of course sterling love in would have started when he moved to liverpool. He was 16 at the time. They cant exactly have a media love-in over a 15/16 year old.

Has anybody said hes world class? dont think ive seen anyone say that before

so so so under rated by a lot of people in this thread. Think itll be easy to come back and quote in a years time :D

Edited by gharperr

They only held out for such a huge fee as they are trying to push the Andy Carroll transfer further down the record table

Pound for pound that has to go down as one of the worst transfers in the history of the Premier League.

They only held out for such a huge fee as they are trying to push the Andy Carroll transfer further down the record table

Pound for pound that has to go down as one of the worst transfers in the history of the Premier League.

Let's see if that's the case in 5 years time.

I don't really understand why City are doing this.

He's 20 years old, will grow into the role and the club, he's a good player and should improve into a very good one. I understand why they are signing him, but even with a loosening of the FFP rules, to be frank City need several players of an even higher quality than Sterling, they need to rebuild, and you have to wonder where the money is now coming from?

So from a footballing sense yes, I get it. But it seems like financial suicide to me.

I don't really understand why City are doing this.

He's 20 years old, will grow into the role and the club, he's a good player and should improve into a very good one. I understand why they are signing him, but even with a loosening of the FFP rules, to be frank City need several players of an even higher quality than Sterling, they need to rebuild, and you have to wonder where the money is now coming from?

So from a footballing sense yes, I get it. But it seems like financial suicide to me.

That's what I mean.

I understand what they gain by having Sterling in the team.

But I don't understand why they have gone up to £50m quid to get him in.

As others have said, they could have thrown £50m at some other clubs and ended up with a better and more complete player, you would have thought.

if they were signing him for £20m then I wouldn't question it for a second. But this seems extortionate. As you say, they need better quality than Sterling. He's not going to be the difference between them not winning and winning the league.

They need 3 or 4 players better than Sterling to be honest. They need a central defender and a central midfielder of the very highest quality, minimum. Aguero for all his brilliance is made of glass too and the players backing him up aren't good enough really, I'd have toyed with the idea of moving him on for silly money and making it somebody else's problem.

Going off topic sort of but yeah, £49m. Nuts even in this inflated market. Fair play to Liverpool.

My issue with it they could have bought better for less but not English, they've bought him solely because he's English, the hype surrounding him has already made him a word removed, can't see it getting any better

I think he needs a lot of work to fulfill his potential

To be fair though he's one of the few long term plans for city, who IMO target quick fixes, they'll win the league, go quiet, overhaul the squad every 3/4 years with their previous model, they should get 10 years out of sterling but then they should have got 10 years out of nastasic, jovetic etc

not sure if hes put in an official transfer request but jerome sinclair, who is meant to be one of their better youth prospects and broke through at the end of last season, has rejected a new contract and asked to leave after not being included on the pre season tour

£50mill Torres?

Â