Rino8

Mignolet is so shite. I am pretty sure I posted that on here when he first signed for liverpool or something like it. I was never impressed by Mignolet at Sunderland and thought that Liverpool would need another keeper. Maybe they can lure Cech away from chelsea? I think that would solve a lot of issues in their defense. A solid defense needs a leader in the goal. 

we wont hear enough of the famous bullshit Anfield atmosphere for the Basel game and will be millions of references to the Olympiakos game.

will be disgusting

These were my first thoughts when I heard they needed to win their last group game at Anfield to qualify.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours if Rodgers gets sacked AVB is one of the favourites to take over.... :D

There have been rumours for about a week that they've already started sounding AVB out.

FWIW I think AVB was massively underrated in this country. He'd be a very good appointment.

• Like 2

AVB has been screwed over both times he has managed in this country.

At Chelsea he was told to go in and remove some of the older players. As soon as he tried to do so those older players turned on him which meant Chelsea went back on their word and sacked him.

At Tottenham he was doing a very good job, then last summer with the Bale money Levy for some reason allowed Baldini to go and spend the money and consequently waste it all and leave AVB with players he didn't want.

If AVB is left to do with transfers on his own (which he wouldn't be at Liverpool) then I think he can be a very good manager as long as he has the boards backing.

think AVB is too stubborn to make it in Premier League, his style of play needs certain players which he wouldnt have at Liverpool. His defensive organiasation is as bad as Rodgers or Martinez and Spurs shipped some bad beatings under him so did Chelsea at times

• Like 1

If AVB is left to do with transfers on his own (which he wouldn't be at Liverpool) then I think he can be a very good manager as long as he has the boards backing.

At least if he came to manage Villa he wouldn't need to worry about transfers being made behind his back (or in front of it for that matter).

Â