Rino8

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Apparently after Kalvin Phillips, so they'll have to eek it out a little bit further.

Crafty little savers.

I wish my investments grew at that rate. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I see from the Beeb's football page that mac Allister's red card has been overturned after appeal, what a surprise.....

Feels like they are overturning more reds and apologising for bad decisions more often than before VAR 😂, not sure what that says for this new and improved officiating.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Feels like they are overturning more reds and apologising for bad decisions more often than before VAR 😂, not sure what that says for this new and improved officiating.

At least before the ref got the benefit of having to make a snap decision based on maybe not seeing something clearly. Now they (ref and VAR) have the time, space, replays, multiple angles to make a proper decision and it’s worse than ever. How is that even possible? 

51 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I see from the Beeb's football page that mac Allister's red card has been overturned after appeal, what a surprise.....

Surprised at that actually because they’re setting a precedent that will be difficult to come back from. Although it was harsh, I didn’t think it was totally outrageous. I’ve seen worse upheld.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

At least before the ref got the benefit of having to make a snap decision based on maybe not seeing something clearly. Now they (ref and VAR) have the time, space, replays, multiple angles to make a proper decision and it’s worse than ever. How is that even possible? 

All I can think is that the refs snap decision more often than not was the correct one, that’s what came with 5-10 years of prem experience. Now with the benefit of up to 3-4 minutes to pore over it all sorts of bias and precedents come into play and it’s clearly not helping.

Maybe we need to leave VAR to offsides and incidents the ref has totally missed. Everything else is left to the refs on field decision and monitor review if needed.

Edited by AVFCDAN

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they keep turning down Saudi because if they did sell Salah to them for a mini fortune (as they should), they'd be well positioned to make a run at Man City again for the next several years if they spend the money smartly.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hope they keep turning down Saudi because if they did sell Salah to them for a mini fortune (as they should), they'd be well positioned to make a run at Man City again for the next several years if they spend the money smartly.

See that's where the problem lies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I doubt it. Be lucky to get near a Salah replacement with that money

Without him they lose so much

Absolute clearing in the woods, he must think he is the only manager who has players travelling around the world

With them being in Europa I look forward to multiple rants about scheduling and having to play football

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The travel is specific to this week, it's not the answer to the question

And that's before you get to the woe is me stuff, they're the biggest team in the country and are on TV every week... He doesn't moan about the benefits that gives him does he?

£10m a year or so I expect, funded by TV revenues. Would he accept a 50% pay cut for less TV slots? 

On 16/09/2023 at 14:28, Zatman said:

Absolute clearing in the woods, he must think he is the only manager who has players travelling around the world

Probably can't control his players "asthma" medication correctly when they're on international duty. Takes a few days for them to get medicated and up to speed. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

Â