Rino8

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

'The animated Emery's animated antics'??

They were mourning [add something they were mourning here], so of course, Emery being animated would be a problem. 

So this morning at work, I overhear a Liverpool fan talking about the game. His only input was that Martinez time wasted and it isn’t in the spirit of the game. If it wasn’t for that then Liverpool would’ve won the game. 

Showing why Liverpool fans are hated… no input about us dominating first half, no input how their midfield kicked us all game… it’s just the time waiting.. **** off. As for spirit of the game, has he never seen Salah dive and roll about all over the place 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So this morning at work, I overhear a Liverpool fan talking about the game. His only input was that Martinez time wasted and it isn’t in the spirit of the game. If it wasn’t for that then Liverpool would’ve won the game. 

Showing why Liverpool fans are hated… no input about us dominating first half, no input how their midfield kicked us all game… it’s just the time waiting.. **** off. As for spirit of the game, has he never seen Salah dive and roll about all over the place 

Probably forgot we missed a penalty or that Liverpool player jumping around for 3 minutes trying get Mings sent off

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably forgot we missed a penalty or that Liverpool player jumping around for 3 minutes trying get Mings sent off

I can guarantee he didn’t even watch and is just lapping up what Klopp says

We’ve all spent a lot of time watching Emi time wasting is it just me that thinks he wasn’t that bad on Sat? They booked him with about half an hour to go so he couldn’t take the piss like he usually does. 

Just now, villaglint said:

We’ve all spent a lot of time watching Emi time wasting is it just me that thinks he wasn’t that bad on Sat? They booked him with about half an hour to go so he couldn’t take the piss like he usually does. 

It was pretty bad and his reputation now goes before him. He was time wasting in the 50th minute. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was pretty bad and his reputation now goes before him. He was time wasting in the 50th minute. 

As of 2 weeks ago there were 5 clubs who spend more time taking goal kicks than Villa - Everton, Southampton, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Brentford.  With Brentford taking on average 2.5 seconds longer for a goal kick than us.  I have only checked on the number of yellow cards (rather than the reason for them) but this reveals that the goalkeepers with the most bookings are:

Emi (7)

Pickford (5)

Neto (4)

Leno, Meslier, Pope, Ederson (3)

Interestingly Raya has only been booked once this season and yet spends almost 10% longer over a goal-kick than Emi.  Emi is definitely being targetted by opposition fans and he is being booked disproportionately compared to other keepers (assuming that bookings tend to be late and so if he takes kicks quicker after being booked that isn't going to hugely impact the total average time taken).  I do feel that refs have noted some of his antics and are pinging him more often because of his reputation.

Interestingly, Liverpool take almost 2 seconds less to take a goal-kick than any other PL team, more than 6 seconds faster than us and almost 10 seconds quicker than Brentford.

Obviously goal kicks are only one metric for "time wasting" but they are the easiest to attribute directly to the keeper and I suspect it is reasonable to assume that it is quite a good indicator for general "slowing the game down" / "time wasting".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I love stuff like this. We’ve had it all season. Us pesky non Super League clubs should just go to Anfield and roll over to have our bellies tickled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

But the time was added on and then some, why didn't they win it then?

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Europas gonna kill them next season. If i was them id focus on winning that as they would have a suprb chance that will get them in CL of they miss out in top 4 again

They'll be favourties to win it. Depends who they buy in summer, they have a lot of players leaving on free contracts, their squad will look quite thin, they need a new midfield.

I remember the first season Klopp was there, he got them to Europa League final in May 2016 and he was beaten by Unai Emery. Great to know we have a really capable manager who will know what we need to do in that league or champions league in the years to come

57 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I remember the first season Klopp was there, he got them to Europa League final in May 2016 and he was beaten by Unai Emery. Great to know we have a really capable manager who will know what we need to do in that league or champions league in the years to come

That's why they're always taking a pop. The media and general public might not recognise it yet but football managers and people really in the game will know exactly what we're going to bring next year and are absolutely shit scared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagInPeace said:

I love stuff like this. We’ve had it all season. Us pesky non Super League clubs should just go to Anfield and roll over to have our bellies tickled.

To be fair I really dislike it when teams come to Villa Park and try their hardest too. 

This salty fella is my favourite:

Where was that effort to hold out v city last season.

Absolutely detest every other club in England.

Between those c*** Brighton throwing the game on Thursday to these spiteful villa c*** today 0laying like it's a cup final.

Watch the London c*** not even bother during the week

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354166.160

Edited by Seal
I missed starring out a bit of a swear word i quoted.
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Liverpool are the club the back pass rule was made for. They used to close out games constantly by the keeper rolling the ball to a defender a yard away, the defender passing it back and the keeper picking it up. They would happily do it for ages. 

Â