Rino8

Surely tonight would have meant much much more to Suarez had he done this is a plop shirt, wearing a black armband? crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif 

Loads of Liverpool 'jokes' aimed at Evra doing the rounds on Facebook and Twitter. Yes, Liverpool fans still defending the racist, biting cheat who left them. Unbelievable... yet believable.

Good point that about Petrov. He wasn't mobile and never very strong defensively either. He left a lot of space but Milner covered brilliantly. He was just so important to all phases of play that season. I'm not sure what his role would even classify as, kinda like a hybrid box-to-box midfielder and No. 8. Finished that season with twelve goals and fifteen assists in all competitions. Such a class act.

We only actually moved him to central midfield around December aswell that year, he played the first few months on the right wing (which probably gave us better balance as a team) and then moved to central midfield when Downing was fit.

I love giving MON as much stick as most on here due to some of the rubbish British signings he made, the inflexible tactics he used, Heskey, his failure to pace out our season which meant we were physically dead from every March, Moscow but he does deserve credit from converting Milner and Barry from wide midfielders into central midfielders of genuine quality.

We earnt near enough 40m from selling them both, no chance we'd have got anywhere near that had both continued out wide.

MON does deserve credit, but a lot of people forget that Downing was actually played in central midfield first (until O'Neill realised he couldn't tackle to save his life), then Milner was tried there.

It's a good job one of them could play centre mid, because otherwise we'd have had 3 £10m wingers, and only two wings to play them on.

Loads of Liverpool 'jokes' aimed at Evra doing the rounds on Facebook and Twitter. Yes, Liverpool fans still defending the racist, biting cheat who left them. Unbelievable... yet believable.

They're still very protective of him. Adidas ran a campaign a few months ago where they had Suarez and others saying stuff like, "you hate me because I kiss my wrists" and "you hate me because you want me in your team". I said no we don't like him because he's a cheating, racist who goes around biting people who's probably not the best type of person to be advertising your brand. I got a few faves and retweets, but then the Liverpool fans started. He's not racist...it was all Evras he's done it before...I pointed out he admitted what he said etc...it's not racist where he's from etc. I even pointed he **** them over...they didn't care.

best thing is to ignore them, they are a strange bunch. few months ago Sterling was best young player in Europe and would never leave the club. Now he was never that good

So Pako Ayestaran is about to become their assistant coach. The man largely credited with Rafa's success there and the man who has just completed the domestic treble in Israel. That's annoying as it's bloody good news for Liverpool :-/

Liverpool sign Burnley striker Ings http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33046003

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Burnley striker Danny Ings.

The England Under-21 international is out of contract at Turf Moor and will join the Anfield club on 1 July subject to a medical.

The Clarets are entitled to compensation for Ings but the clubs have not yet agreed a transfer fee.

Ings, 22, scored 11 goals in the Premier League this season but could not prevent the club from being relegated.

The former Bournemouth forward is in the England Under-21 squad for this month's European Championship in the Czech Republic.

He becomes the second summer signing at Anfield after James Milner joined from Manchester City last week.

Liverpool forwards Mario Balotelli, Fabio Borini, Rickie Lambert and Daniel Sturridge scored eight league goals between them as Brendan Rodgers' side finished sixth in the Premier League.

If the two clubs cannot agree on a fee for Ings then the price will be set by a tribunal as the player is under the age of 24.

Burnley said: "We have rejected an offer made by Liverpool, but will continue to have dialogue with the club in order to reach a resolution over the fee."

Ings joined the Clarets from Bournemouth four years ago for £1m and scored 43 goals in 130 games for the club.

BBC © 2015
Edited by av1

So Pako Ayestaran is about to become their assistant coach. The man largely credited with Rafa's success there and the man who has just completed the domestic treble in Israel. That's annoying as it's bloody good news for Liverpool :-/

What is he doing coaching in Israel if he's that good?

What is he doing coaching in Israel if he's that good?

Well he was hired by the champions at the time, and proceeded to guide them to their first ever treble.  He has traditionally been a number 2, albeit a highly rated one.  Perhaps he saw it as a good way into management proper.  And maybe this Liverpool gig was too good to turn down.  Either way, good news for the redscouse :(

Ings and Milner are the kind of signings they should have made last year rather than spunking away so much of the Suarez money on gambles.

Ings certainly looks like a gamble from where I'm sitting. 

Ings and Milner are the kind of signings they should have made last year rather than spunking away so much of the Suarez money on gambles.

Ings certainly looks like a gamble from where I'm sitting.

Only for a tribunal fee and not massive wages I'd have thought plus he's looked half-decent in the league. Compared to some of the random shite they've bought on a whim he is very low risk.

Signed one on a free

Signing one with a Tribunal setting a fee if clubs dont agree

Yet SKY are calling it Liverpools RAMPANT transfer spree

F**K OFF

• Like 1

I must be the only one not impressed by him.

He had a break out season last year I agree.

He has scored some goals this year, but having watched him, he misses a lot of chances, easy chances. Good instinctive striker, but with time and space I have not been impressed.

On a free, you can't complain...but he is no way Liverpool quality where they are now, or where they want to be

Edited by rodders0223

Signed one on a free

Signing one with a Tribunal setting a fee if clubs dont agree

Yet SKY are calling it Liverpools RAMPANT transfer spree

F**K OFF

What they signed Paul Jewell as well?

Â