Rino8

coutinho - sturridge - firmino as a front three looks great on paper but they still need more in depth and a lot more in the defense

Yeah a pal of mine reckons Firmino is "a statisticians wet dream". Whether that'll translate in the Prem or not very much remains to be seen.

Hoffenheim did pretty well out of this, they only paid 3m for him.

I know very little about him, other than hearing that he's really good, etc.. etc.. The main problem with coming as a relatively unknown quantity with a big price tag is that expectations are high from the beginning, if he doesn't hit the ground running then pressure will build in no time, especially with fans with the patience of Liverpool's. 

So they baulked at paying £32million for a proven premier league striker with 49 goals in 101 games yet spend £29million on a player who's record in Germany is 1 in 3/4 games and isnt proven in the premier league.

Strange.

Lad at work: "Firmino is such a great signing"

Me: "Oh yeah? I've not seen much of him. Is he good?"

Lad at work: "Dunno, I've not seen him play"

Me:  :huh:

• Like 2

So they baulked at paying £32million for a proven premier league striker with 49 goals in 101 games yet spend £29million on a player who's record in Germany is 1 in 3/4 games and isnt proven in the premier league.

Strange.

Those were my thoughts.

I watch a fair bit of bundesliga. Firmino was class season before last, bit inconsistant last season but did enough to get called up to the NT. Think he will do well over here and they unfortunately have a good player on their hands. Someone will come in for Kevin Volland somewhere down the line, another very good player at Hoffenheim.

Firmino - another overrated pile of shit 

Sorry to quote myself but I was a tad harsh. Ah well, I had consumed 6 pints  of cider at the time!

Â