Rino8

There is no release clause

The clause was that if a club met a certain valuation (over 40m apparently) then Suarez was allowed to talk to the bidding club.

The clause didn't say that Liverpool had to accept that bid, just that Suarez had to be told about it and could discuss personal terms.

It's not a release clause.

I'm impressed that you know the intricacies of his contract so closely. As nobody else seems to be completely sure. 

I was going on what was previously reported.

I'm sorry for not quoting all my sources or putting "imo" at the end.

But thanks SO much for the lovely reply

(see, I can do patronising sarcasm too)

As much as I was enjoying the possibility of Suarez leaving and Liverpool panicking. I'm now sick of this saga, and having to read all the comments from Rodgers etc about how Liverpool is a great club/ tradition/ class/ commitment blah blah **** blah.

I had a bit of a read of RAWK last night to get there views on Suarez and noticed quite a few of them predicting Man U to finish 5th-6th and Liverpool to finish above them...forgetting that Moyles has just finished above them twice with Everton.

Ah, so when he wants to leave he's a disgrace, but not when he's cheating/biting/racially abusing? Good old Liverpool.

I very much like the sentiment of this. I've already levelled it at my Liverpool-supporting colleague, who had no defense what so ever.

I had a bit of a read of RAWK last night to get there views on Suarez and noticed quite a few of them predicting Man U to finish 5th-6th and Liverpool to finish above them...forgetting that Moyles has just finished above them twice with Everton.

The fat one formerly  from the radio 1 breakfast show has done well in his new career. Comedy Dave must be happy with him.

Luis Suarez is possibly the most controversial player in Premiership history. He makes Cantona look like a saint.

He's a better player than Barton, but surely that title goes to  Barton?!

Liverpool need to accept that they are very much a mid table club

Players being taken from these sides such as us has been happening for years

I do not remember such a media storm when it happened to other clubs so why Liverpool?

They need to wake up and realise that they are not an elite club and do not have the lure of champions league football to keep players of the calibre of Suarez they need to sell him and bring someone in who actually wants to play for the club

Not long before Suarez strikes or hands in a transfer request i guess

They will not get into the top 4 next season ill give a tenner to VT if they do

The sooner they stop living in the past and accept where they are the sooner they can move on as a club

Edited by AshVilla

Â