Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He's by far our best defender

And hes pretty awful so we have got one shit defence.

Seriously, this guy is not going to make a huge difference. Shipping goals left right and centre when he was playing. In fact our best defensive form came when he was out of the team.

It came when we had 3 at the back until we went to Chelsea.

Look at the Spurs game. Played better second half but leaked four goals. First half we were shocking but that extra body in the way thwarted numerous shots and final balls.

Great to have the big man back! I know the opinnion is split on him, but I'm a big fan. You could actually see the relief on the faces of the young lads, lowton was looking up to him for advice a few times, and they looked more comfortable having him there.

Vlaar - Dunne - Clark/Baker would sort our defence out I'm sure if we persist with 3 at the back. Vlaar + Dunne's leadership would also be vital I'd imagine.

I agree but I think it's unlikely that Vlaar and Dunne would both make it to the end of the season without missing games, so signing another centre-half would still be a good idea even if they are a cheap lump.

so bloody what, that doesnt make him good enough to play

Well to me, that shows he's not just a player to say '**** it, I'm getting paid regardless I don't give a shit' attitude. (Like maybe a couple of our players might have)

Just watch it. He's really pissed off and upset that he made the mistake which led to the goal.

Apart from that mistake I thought he had a decent game, we're better with him in the side.

How Vlaar isn't good enough I don't know. He made a mistake yes, but we are far stronger as mentioned with him in the side. The guy is literally having to carry defenders like Bennett and Clark alongside him who simply aren't good enough right now, and there is no midfield protection.

We have major problems, Vlaar isn't one of them.

Even so, he is the best defender we have right now. Clarke is shit, same goes for lowton and bennett. Yes they are young but should they should not even be on the bench for PL team. Lowton is decent at times but he annoys me every match he has played. Not saying vlaar is perfect but he has been the best one so far.

Â