Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Just seen on SSN Koeman being asked about Andros Townsend. His reply, "I cant say anything about that". Haha either must be learning or is taking the piss

Keane has been on the phone and told him how things are done!!

Quotes from Lambert yesterday on BBC: "I've not had one phone call from anybody as long as I'm here Ron Vlaar won't be going anywhere. I know he's in his last year but he won't be moving that's for sure."

Fingers crossed and all...

Quotes from Lambert yesterday on BBC: "I've not had one phone call from anybody as long as I'm here Ron Vlaar won't be going anywhere. I know he's in his last year but he won't be moving that's for sure."

Fingers crossed and all...

Yep, just a week or so to go now.

It's entirely possible that Vlaar wouldn't want to go to Manure and doesn't like LVG.

He does appear to be a complete rocket polisher so far.

He didn't get along with van Gaal at AZ, but he said he's since grown up a lot and got over it iirc

What if on deadline day Utd are panicking because of a lack of options and bid £15m for Vlaar. I think the board would take it and Vlaar would go. Maybe Micah Richards could be a replacement. I know he has played a lot at RB, but I'm sure he has played as a CB as well. 

This is exactly why I cannot relax until the transfer window closes.

I wouldn't get too worried about ghost stories.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry. I'm a rubbish storyteller.

• Like 1

Ron Vlaar m'lord...

Think the transfer thing has passed now, he'll be here this season so enjoy as I don't see him signing a new deal.

Looks pretty secure now at prem level. Down to two things...a ridiculous amount of confidence gained from a superb world cup and also now having experienced defenders around him so no longer having to tell a group of YTS lads were to stand and when to push up for offside as the other players know when to do that.

Edited by VillaChris

Ron Vlaar m'lord...

Think the transfer thing has passed now, he'll be here this season so enjoy as I don't see him signing a new deal.

Looks pretty secure now at prem level. Down to two things...a ridiculous amount of confidence gained from a superb world cup and also now having experienced defenders around him so no longer having to tell a group of YTS lads were to stand and when to push up for offside as the other players know when to do that.

He was already very good before the World Cup though. It annoys me that pundits are acting as if he's only just started playing well.

• Like 4

It's annoying but not really surprising given the number of goals we've shipped in the last two seasons. He can't do it all on his own.

We've shipped around 23 in our last 8 though. We've only lost by a margin of 3 against Utd at home.

We only shipped 38 goals before that from 30 games, Which is pretty decent.

Actually comparing with our bad record scoring goals, We would still have got +1.

I don't think Ron played our worse December run. which we concieded more than around 9 from 5 none against a top 6 side (assuming Man Utd weren't).

Have we actually won a game without him ?! Other than Southampton where we had the lead when he was there. So wouldn't count that as he played a part of it.

i dont think Van Gaal will be at Utd long either.. so he may want to consider that... whether thats a good thing or bad thing.. Man Utd are not the Man Utd of old anymore. Most likely miss out on top 4 again.

i dont think Van Gaal will be at Utd long either.. so he may want to consider that... whether thats a good thing or bad thing.. Man Utd are not the Man Utd of old anymore. Most likely miss out on top 4 again.

LvG will be at United for a substantial amount of time, whether they get CL this season or not.

It's entirely possible that Vlaar wouldn't want to go to Manure and doesn't like LVG.

He does appear to be a complete rocket polisher so far.

He didn't get along with van Gaal at AZ, but he said he's since grown up a lot and got over it iirc

only took him 60 odd years

LvG will be at United for a substantial amount of time, whether they get CL this season or not.

That's what was said about David Moyes a year earlier.

Â